Micro Brittle stars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triggreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
4,955
Reaction score
2,796
Location
East Hampton, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have micro brittle stars they can spare? I can get them at the meeting Sunday, happy to trade a frag for them.

I've always had them but not seeing them in any of my tanks or sumps anymore. I'd like to get a good population going again.
 
Last edited:
He possibly ate them from my display but I should still have them in my sump, frag tank etc. They're good cleaners I just like having them around.
 
I never get any microbrittles. If someone wanted to sell a pack of their extra, I would probably buy some.
 
I can probably grab some from my tank - it isn't easy as they bury themselves into the little crevices in the rock. But I'm not going to make it to the meeting.
 
I can probably grab some from my tank - it isn't easy as they bury themselves into the little crevices in the rock. But I'm not going to make it to the meeting.
I just texted him the same thing haha. Who has some tips for grabbing a few???
 
LOL. Every once in a while when I'm mucking about in the tank, some signal must go out and they all come out. I have no idea what triggers it and it doesn't happen often. I suppose the best I can do is to grab them when I see them and toss them in the sump where there are less places to hide.

Where was everyone last year when I had billions of them? I don't have as many but they are definitely around.
 
Lol they do come out by the boatload sometimes. When I used to have them, every now and then they would congregate at the top off my macro algae in the sump.

If you pluck one off I'm sure they will last for a long time in nothing more that a top o ware container with some algae.

I just kept a gorilla crab like that for almost 2 months to save for puffer food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new