Micro dose of flucozanole

I went to work Friday and my buddy met me at the Beach and mentioned that he was micro dosing for the morning surfing session. I was on a sponge myself and I didn’t grow any hair algae when I was in the water? Maybe it works.?
 
I went to work Friday and my buddy met me at the Beach and mentioned that he was micro dosing for the morning surfing session. I was on a sponge myself and I didn’t grow any hair algae when I was in the water? Maybe it works.?
Sounds like fun I would definitely worry if you did grow any algae doing that
 
I went to work Friday and my buddy met me at the Beach and mentioned that he was micro dosing for the morning surfing session. I was on a sponge myself and I didn’t grow any hair algae when I was in the water? Maybe it works.?
Ice Cube Reaction GIF
 
I wanted to update. I am only treating bryopsis again and dosed one quarter of a pill.

Last time it only took a week to disappear. After re reading all of these posts it looks like GHA takes longer.

GAC removed / skimmer left on.
 
I wanted to update. I am only treating bryopsis again and dosed one quarter of a pill.

Last time it only took a week to disappear. After re reading all of these posts it looks like GHA takes longer.

GAC removed / skimmer left on.
Yes, 21 days for GHA.
 
Someone recently sent me a frag that has suddenly started growing Bryopsis - I think I might just set up a dip station for the frag and use a macro dose (pill/liter) for an hour or two and see how it goes.
 
Someone recently sent me a frag that has suddenly started growing Bryopsis - I think I might just set up a dip station for the frag and use a macro dose (pill/liter) for an hour or two and see how it goes.
Peroxide should handle it if it’s just the plug.. pour some at full strength in a small container that just covers the plug and doesn’t touch the coral and let it soak for a few minutes.
 
Peroxide should handle it if it’s just the plug.. pour some at full strength in a small container that just covers the plug and doesn’t touch the coral and let it soak for a few minutes.
The generous frag maker cut the top off the coral before it was mailed to me and the weed is sprouting out of the top.

I don’t have any more positive comments on the situation so .
 
The generous frag maker cut the top off the coral before it was mailed to me and the weed is sprouting out of the top.

I don’t have any more positive comments on the situation so .
The tiny foxface I installed has prevented any need for antibiotic or magnesium super saturation treatments to handle the gift of Bryopsis that the vendor sent me. The fox wants me to order more of these dirty frags but I’m just going to feed the little weed picker and hope he keeps pizzing ammonia into the eager mouths of the hungry coral polyps.

It’s a nasty hobby but the reef seems to thrive with the decadent conditions.
 
The tiny foxface I installed has prevented any need for antibiotic or magnesium super saturation treatments to handle the gift of Bryopsis that the vendor sent me. The fox wants me to order more of these dirty frags but I’m just going to feed the little weed picker and hope he keeps pizzing ammonia into the eager mouths of the hungry coral polyps.

It’s a nasty hobby but the reef seems to thrive with the decadent conditions.
Talking to yourself again? :)
 
I’ve done the treatment about 5 times now. None of my acros have ever been affected by the treatment. I use Reef Flux HD (pills) at the recommended dose. Byropsis always dies , but over time comes back. I consider it more as maintenance routine at this point.
Agree
 
Are you still in the hobby? Selling frags? Hope all is well
I’m still around. Never really sold many frags but do occasionally. My tank has been stuck in a growth rut lately but corals are starting to come around. Still bryopsis free through
 
@Charlie’s Frags
I have a 250 gallon system, what would you consider Mirco dosing on my system? I don’t have the original spoon but I have a small cal test spoon. I did about 1/4 of the spoon last night. Should I add in more?

I have been fighting GHA for many months.

IMG_0486.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new