Microbacter7 Question

MarlinMan11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2017
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a lot to say here.

So my tank is a 10x20 10 gal with about 10 pounds of just dry rock. A diatom bloom has ceased (no more is growing and my rocks are becoming whiter) and now I'm seeing some bright green splotches on the rock (maybe coralline? It's not hairy or "bubbley"). My water parameters are good, 0 nitrites and ammonia, about 10-20 nitrate ppm, except alkalinity and pH are a little low. What I want to know is if I can still add microbacter7 to my tank and how much. Can I add it now or should I wait until my pH (7.8) and alkalinity (45ppm) are within a healthy range? Thanks in advance for answers.
 
Yes you can add it to increase the amount of bacteria but wouldn’t see it necessary your tank is cycled already. I would add small clean up crew.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new