Microbactor 7

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here we go , dinnos again so I started microbactor 7 it disappeared over night . So I keeped using it for a dirty tank I have alittle cyano and it looks like something is eating it slowly. Two weeks of dosing.. my coral and fish are very healthy but, I am reading .37 phosphates with hanna checker. Any advice !

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
rowaphos or similar to lower your phosphates. careful with the amount. lowering to fast can cause issues with your corals.

water changes can help lower it as well. can get chemipure blue as well

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had .60 phos and started gfo and and dosing a DIY coral snow mix with MB7 and I'm down to .26 after 48 hours

Not sure on the exact science but it seems to be working...may add a bit more gfo to get to .1 or lower.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here we go , dinnos again so I started microbactor 7 it disappeared over night . So I keeped using it for a dirty tank I have alittle cyano and it looks like something is eating it slowly. Two weeks of dosing.. my coral and fish are very healthy but, I am reading .37 phosphates with hanna checker. Any advice !
What was your PO4 before you started dosing MB7? I'd think if you keep dosing MB7 that your PO4 will come down.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates was at .03 when I started and started going up with every dose . It did clear out my dinnos and started on cyanno but I think I am done with it. Did I get a bad bottle. I thought it was supposed to help with phosphates and nitrates . My nitrate have not changed they have been 10 the hole time.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates was at .03 when I started and started going up with every dose . It did clear out my dinnos and started on cyanno but I think I am done with it. Did I get a bad bottle. I thought it was supposed to help with phosphates and nitrates . My nitrate have not changed they have been 10 the hole time.
That's really weird, unless something died off to realease the PO4 back into the water. When I dose MB7 my PO4 goes down and it has less effect on my NO3.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a photo up,

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef has been doing great for two years no water changes alot of testing with hanna checkers I only use seachem products. Trace calcium magnesium and reef builder. I have switched to water changes 15 gallons aweek. Did two 30 gallon ones first. Corals are much happier now ! I am going to keep up with water changes and see if everything clears up. I only have a small amount of cyanno that looks like it is receding. I hate using chemicals but a thought microbacter 7 was bacteria. I don't know maybe I got a bottle that froze or got to hot . Don't know. All that matters is my fish and coral are ok . I started water changes because my birdsnest did not look so good stayed orange for a long time . Now it has green back in it so I am doing some thing right . I switched from I.O. to reef crystals. 15 gallons at a time .

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get po4 down to the level you want using gfo or phosgaurd.
Never heard of it making po4 go up though.

I use it if I move rock around or distutb the sandbed. It helps clear up the system quickly.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About my phosphates I am running a A.T.S. my phosphates have always been low sometimes to low so I add phosphate to my tank . My algea is growing fast .like two cups aweek fast .I give alitte back to my fox face and y tang .

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About my phosphates I am running a A.T.S. my phosphates have always been low sometimes to low so I add phosphate to my tank . My algea is growing fast .like two cups aweek fast .I give alitte back to my fox face and y tang .
Sorry its late I read that wrong.
If po4 was .03 and it went to .3 then something is way off.
If it was good mb7 you would have bottomed out po4 real fast.
I have used it for quite some time now and I would never add it to a system at .03.

A bad bottle can only be proven if you get another bottle as it should lower po4 pretty quick.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have gone though all most a whole bottle and nothing has died thati know of . I just did another 15 gallon water change will check phosphate see how much it dropped.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test results are in .26 with a 15 gallon water change . The ats will knock it down fast also . I wrote the company about my problem we will see what happens.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20230122_103556.jpg
    20230122_103556.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230122_103553.jpg
    20230122_103553.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230122_103550.jpg
    20230122_103550.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230122_103547.jpg
    20230122_103547.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230122_103544.jpg
    20230122_103544.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230122_103539.jpg
    20230122_103539.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope I use it very sparingly when I did use it. It never went above.1 . I have been feeding heavily to keep phosphate up and have not used any neophos in a 3 months.

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef has been doing great for two years no water changes alot of testing with hanna checkers I only use seachem products. Trace calcium magnesium and reef builder. I have switched to water changes 15 gallons aweek. Did two 30 gallon ones first. Corals are much happier now ! I am going to keep up with water changes and see if everything clears up. I only have a small amount of cyanno that looks like it is receding. I hate using chemicals but a thought microbacter 7 was bacteria. I don't know maybe I got a bottle that froze or got to hot . Don't know. All that matters is my fish and coral are ok . I started water changes because my birdsnest did not look so good stayed orange for a long time . Now it has green back in it so I am doing some thing right . I switched from I.O. to reef crystals. 15 gallons at a time .
I actually don't do many water changes either, maybe once every few months. I think it had been 4 months since I did last one, and I had coral looking bad and even dying. I thought it was from dino toxins or some of the treatments I've been doing for dinos. Maybe H202, very very low light for long periods, MB7?

Finally I decided to do 33% 100 gallon water change (300g tank), and I did notice slight improvement in some coral maybe. I did another 33% water change last night. Will report back on how corals look after lights turn on over the next hour.

I've always loved the idea of no water changes, so have tried to build the tank around this idea with 60 gallon refugium with chaeto, good protein skimmer, dosing All For Reef for trace and B Ionic two part alk/calc, balancing feeding with phosphates/nitrates levels etc. I am wondering though now, how often do people really pull off no water changes well? I notice that even some of the largest home tanks in the world I see on YouTube, they still do water changes. These guys are testing all traces etc and dosing very specifically, not generally like me, but for some reason they STILL do water changes. Maybe there are things in the water we don't understand (Or I don't understand) that require some water changes, maybe dino toxins? coral toxins? leather toxins? I've got big Kenya Tree rock, could that be releasing toxins for example? Imbalances in trace elements? I dunno, but going to try to get back on water changes once a month 33% and see how that works. Sucks with 300 gallon tank but better than bad coral health/deaths lol. I might make a full new post on this topic.

BASEDVXO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently happened to me end up doing a deep clean on my tank and sump then dosed nitrates and phosphates. Yesterday keeping all my levels on check seemed to fix the issue now just have to manage my level so they don’t bottom out all my corals look good now

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had dinos , I put in a fine filter sock and put a powerhead in the display so it is catching air. And a air line to my return pump and fill the tank with bubbles then blow all the dinos off the rock and it floats right to the top and down the hatch. But , I think microbacter 7 helped tremendously.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back