Microbubbles

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a little annoying problem. I have micro bubbles that I just cant seem to get rid of. I have had my tank setup for 6 months now and my return pump still pumps micro bubbles back into the tank. I've cleaned it, changed the return tubing and well now I'm just getting frustrated. Does anyone have any idea's on how to fix this problem? I have a 24g jbj with a maxi-jet 1200. I do have a Euro-Reef NS2.5-3LC skimmer but I was having micro bubbles prior to the Euro-Reef. Any help is appreciated.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

alix2.0

rainbowchasinghippie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it may be the maxi jet. i had one that was producing bubbles, so i put one of those sponge filter gaurds over the intake, and that really seems to help. no more bubbles for me! you just have to make sure you clean the sponge regularly because it can get clogged up really fast! of course, that might not be it, but just my experience. good luck.

alix2.0

rainbowchasinghippie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could help to figure out what exactly is producing the bubbles if you turn everything off and turn things on one by one.of course, this may be easier said than done since microbubbles dont disappear as soon as the equipment is turned off, and sometimes skimmers & pumps etc will produce bubbles when you first turn them on. so it may not work, but it might be worth a try. cant hurt anything.

OP
OP
Mallard

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely worth a shot. I just cant stand the micro bubbles. I've been contemplating for sometime getting a new return pump... any ideas? Thanks for the reply's as well.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MJ1200 does that too. It seams to work fine. But it likes to build up bubbles and then it will "belch" about once per hour. I don't mind it though because the bubbles go away quick.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back