Midas Blenny eating LPS

Architeuthis

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else experienced this? Midas blenny has been in the tank for probably 4-5 months and this is the first time I've witnessed this behavior.
 
that does seem odd, blennies are weird fish. mine loves to dig up my sand on one side of the tank, seemingly to make a cave for himself or something

i think i've seen that some people report bicolor blennies to be nippy, and they're the same genus as midas blennies so seems possible it's going after coral
 
Just caught my golden midas blenny that I've had for over a year go ham on a hammer coral... ughhhh I loved my golden midas but I can't have him eating coral. :/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new