Midas blenny identify

altantuyaathedoll

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2022
Messages
44
Reaction score
23
Location
Vietnam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Midas blennies but I’m not sure what variant they are.
are they African Midas blenny or pacific Midas blennies.
I was told they are African.
I know african is the more colorful variety

7D626B03-1901-4241-B773-D53C6CC5C983.jpeg 7856D342-44C4-4196-B1DC-47E50AF1C514.jpeg
 
looks like an African to me my lfs had the other typ but it was mostly grey and brown.
 
I have two Midas blennies but I’m not sure what variant they are.
are they African Midas blenny or pacific Midas blennies.
I was told they are African.
I know african is the more colorful variety

7D626B03-1901-4241-B773-D53C6CC5C983.jpeg 7856D342-44C4-4196-B1DC-47E50AF1C514.jpeg
The two variants have minimal difference as both come in yellow but some can change to a permanent blue depending on the environment they’re in.

looks like an African to me my lfs had the other typ but it was mostly grey and brown.
This is likely due to stress, a Midas blenny will be Yellow or Blue if it’s happy and not striped with brown and grey.

Thanks.
so would the one I have be the more desirable variant ?
Honestly, neither variant is more desirable, not many people really mind the variant difference as it’s minimal and both are similar in colouration if not almost identical.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new