Midas Blenny staying in cave

  • Thread starter Thread starter jayreef2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jayreef2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
6
Location
43016
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a midas blenny for my first fish in my 32 gallon Fluval Flex aquarium. He has been eating but he will not leave his cave. He has been in my tank for 4 days. How long does it usually take for them to adjust? He is also afraid of me
 
I'll let you know if mine ever decides to come out of the barnacle he's taken up permanent residence in (going on well over a year now). He comes out to eat, and will occasionally get "out and about" - but generally goes back into his barnacle whenever someone enters the room. Unless it's to be fed.
 
Ours is out and active but also in his cave/hole a lot.

If yours is eating and then hiding I'd say it's just getting adjusted and comfortable in its new home.

They really do have one of the best personalities when comfortable.
20220522_152625.jpg
 
Mine was very shy at first so I named him Charlie Brown since I thought he lacked confidence. After 3 weeks or a month he began coming out and now is out all the time. He is a great fish! Hopefully yours will come out after he settles in more.
 
They tend to like to hide quite a bit. Also, make sure you have a secure lid as they do like to jump.
 
They tend to like to hide quite a bit. Also, make sure you have a secure lid as they do like to jump.
Yes, I second this. My 1st Midas blenny hit my cover about 3 Xs when I first got him. My current Midas blenny seems more chill but I still use a cover.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new