Midas Blenny White Thing On Fin

gsbrawley65

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
36
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas Blenny has a white thing on his fin. Any idea?



IMG_7537.png

IMG_7536.png

IMG_7535.png

IMG_7534.png
 
My Midas Blenny has a white thing on his fin. Any idea?



IMG_7537.png

IMG_7536.png

IMG_7535.png

IMG_7534.png
Pics are distant but agree on lympho, otherwise a fin ray issue. Lympho is a condition and not disease which is viral. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS fish frenzy, plankton, krill and mysis shrimp.
 
Thanks, appreciate the answers. Based on reading about lympho, this seems better than most other possibilities. I received the fish last week through shipment from Dr. Reef. I wonder if the shipping bag water may have created the issue. He definetly had it when I released him into my tank.
 
Thanks, appreciate the answers. Based on reading about lympho, this seems better than most other possibilities. I received the fish last week through shipment from Dr. Reef. I wonder if the shipping bag water may have created the issue. He definetly had it when I released him into my tank.

This virus seems to infect fish that haven’t been exposed before, as they move through the supply chain. The fish having come from Dr Reef rules more common diseases out….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new