Midas blenny won't go near reef

saltyinsterlingheights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my new addition for three week's now and he won't go anywhere near my reef hangs out on the clips holding my intake and return.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found they will pick their home and spend about 50% of their time there. They should venture out in the water column though, unless you have some bullies in the tank.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that could be part of the problem. Out in the ocean, when there are no other fish around, it spells trouble. Once you get some more fish in the tank I would expect it to be more active. However don't rush to add new ones; go slow :)

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas blenny is one of the fish that needs a tunnel in the rock then he will make that his home I took out one of my rocks drilled a nice 1.5 inch hole in it washed the rock in water change water then place the rock where u want him to stay and its done otherwise if hes homeless he might jump

KorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does your rock aqua scape look like. Is there anywhere for the midas to hide? If there aren't any holes or crevices in the rock might be the reason he's hiding on the clips. Try removing the clips temporarily and drill some holes in the rock if there aren't any

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back