OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's gonna be awesome, how do you plan to hang the lights?
Thanks Brett! The wait is going to be the hard part. We're looking at a couple of options for hanging the lights, but haven't made a decision yet.

Love the tank can't wait to see the next one. Wish we had more people to learn from in Reno, NV.
Thank You for your kind words and for taking the time to post in our thread!

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank is going to be awesome, 72 x 36 x 24 are killer dimensions! Way to go sticking through all the rough times. It will be worth it someday:)

bigmiker32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see the new build! Going to be outstanding as always!!!!
What type of overflow are you going with?

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those tank dimensions are going to be super nice. Have you gotten any of the details worked out with Felix yet? Also curious if you going to do one of his ghost overflows or if just a standard overflow. Also curious if you will continue with the closed loop. I'm sure you will update us all when you make decisions.
uploadfromtaptalk1435171547715.jpeg
in 4

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank is going to be awesome, 72 x 36 x 24 are killer dimensions! Way to go sticking through all the rough times. It will be worth it someday:)
Thank You for your kind words! We don't mind losing 3" and are looking forward to going rimless.
Wow that fish is amazing! It has a nice smile too :D
Thank You! Hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it, but she does look like she's smiling. :D

Can't wait to see the new build! Going to be outstanding as always!!!!
What type of overflow are you going with?
Those tank dimensions are going to be super nice. Have you gotten any of the details worked out with Felix yet? Also curious if you going to do one of his ghost overflows or if just a standard overflow. Also curious if you will continue with the closed loop. I'm sure you will update us all when you make decisions.
uploadfromtaptalk1435171547715.jpeg
in 4

Thanks guys! We have talked with Felix, but have not worked out all of the details yet. Hoping to get that done in the next week or so. We will post more details once everything is hashed out.

In the meantime, we thought we would share a few pics taken earlier this evening...

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics, I can't stop staring at those geni's everytime you post pics, the male is just amazing!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the bipartitus shot. Amazing fish unfortunately my ornatus killed the 2 I tried to introduce.which wrass is the one in the last picture?

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics, I can't stop staring at those geni's everytime you post pics, the male is just amazing!
Thanks Brett! And congrats on your Geni pair!

Love the bipartitus shot. Amazing fish unfortunately my ornatus killed the 2 I tried to introduce.which wrass is the one in the last picture?
Thank You Maroun! You never know how leopard wrasse species will react with one another. Our M. bipartitus female was not happy when we added our M. choati. There were moments where we thought we would have to remove the M. bipartitus female and put her in timeout for awhile. Thankfully, it didn't come to that. Interestingly, our male M. bipartitus never bothered our M. choati. The last pic is of our Cirrhilabrus johnsoni.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous pics!!!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning, beautiful, fantastic, yeah it's all of that and more! Loved the shots as always too :D

Can't wait to see the new build started!

Thanks so much Jackie! Waiting on the new tank is going to be an true exercise in patience for us, LOL, but we know it will be so worth it...

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom Stoneworks came out today and de-installed our Cambria counter tops so that we can finally move the 300 off the stand.

We also received some awesome news from Felix (Reef Savvy) the other day... He's planning to bring our new tank to MACNA and put it on display during the conference. We're only a couple hours away from DC, so had already planned to drive to the conference this year. We'll just need to recruit some volunteers on Sunday to help us load it up on the truck for the drive home. WOOT! It is such a relief to know that our fish babies (and coral) will be in their AWESOME new home much sooner than we originally anticipated!

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back