Mike's 150G SC Aquarium Build

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$500 Efflo is a type of coral, when it first came out it cost $500. So the price and name stuck, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
You've got it, and @gcarroll was a part of that.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't part of the $500 origin however, my friend was the online seller that sold it to Steve Weast for $500. At the time it was a crazy high price for a 6" colony. Look how far we have come.

I was the originator of the Ultimate Stag and the Ultimate Efflo. The Ultimate Efflo is in WWC's showroom display. Not sure they even sell frags of it.

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wasn't part of the $500 origin however, my friend was the online seller that sold it to Steve Weast for $500. At the time it was a crazy high price for a 6" colony. Look how far we have come.

I was the originator of the Ultimate Stag and the Ultimate Efflo. The Ultimate Efflo is in WWC's showroom display. Not sure they even sell frags of it.

I love the history here, glad to be able to grab some of these pieces, hopefully I can achieve the success others have had.

Would love to get my hands on that Ultimate Efflo

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I needed a frag rack to get my newly acquired WWC SPS packs out of the sand bed. I was tossing the idea back of forth of making your standard egg crate super glued to a mag float, but I wanted something clean and low profile. A lot of the other racks are huge and stick out into the tank too much. In addition I've read negative reviews about those companies magnets and not being able to hold up to the weight of corals.

So during my search I stumbled upon a company that had what I wanted. Frag-a-rack had all black, low profile, sufficient room and super strong magnets.

Right now I'm holding 18 SPS frags with extra room. Very happy with this frag tank.

Few pics

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1447112980.540135.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1447112993.372660.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1447113007.945712.jpg

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, i gave up the idea of a frag rack in the tank so got a frag tank :)

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, i gave up the idea of a frag rack in the tank so got a frag tank :)

Thank is newer so no coral colonies to frag and put into a tank. I'd like to do that someday. Just wanted to clean up sandbed and not have snails and crabs all over everything.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not to hijack the original thread here, but what are the differences between the $500 efflo and the ultimate efflo? is there a thread or writeup somewhere already? i cant seem to find anything

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack the original thread here, but what are the differences between the $500 efflo and the ultimate efflo? is there a thread or writeup somewhere already? i cant seem to find anything

Not many write ups, but a lot of discussion between the two. I believe just by googling each piece, you'll see the Ultimate Efflo has much deeper coloration. Greg or Hunter may know more...

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a trio of clowns today...buddy of mine has had them for awhile like this...said I had to take all 3. Seems that they have all taken a liking to each other. Time will tell though. Premium Picasso and two Grade A Snowflakes.

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am looking at the 150, how's it going so far? Post some pics!

Tank is doing really well at the moment. I've had my fair share of struggles though. Big battle with an algae that seems to be under control now...couple issues with the doser. I will post some recent pics soon!

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to post better photos I decided it was time to pick up a decent lens.

Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro

Macro Lens.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back