Mikey's Redsea 170 reef

MAJ

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
27
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what's up everybody, I've been lurking on this forum forever so and have never actually done a build thread... with the new tank build I think it's time.
I got into reefing in highschool some 15 years ago and had tanks on and off, trying different things along the way. For this one I wanted a cube tank and to run a redsea light for the shimmer and color, so I picked up a used redsea 170 off a local reef out here in Utah.
I like the old school rock scape look a lot more than the negative space ones, so I built out sloping rocks cape with a ton of room for corals... We'll see how long it takes to fill up
The tank is already 3 months old so we're going straight into it with the pics... Also I need to level up the reef photography skills so bear with me at first.
Inhabitants so far are a midas blenny, two firefish, a royal gramma, a miniscule green clown goby, and a springers damsel.
For corals I picked up an amazing magic carpet bounce from my last last weekend, and some zoas.

20250102_121218.jpg 20250221_112109.jpg 20250221_154857.jpg 20250221_111947.jpg 20250221_112004.jpg
 
A pic of the zoa rock and a cool chalice I picked up a couple weeks back.
 

Attachments

  • 20250221_113518.jpg
    20250221_113518.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20250221_112043.jpg
    20250221_112043.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 59
Latest additions to the tank, found some pretty nice gems from some local reefers at prices I couldn't turn down.
 

Attachments

  • 20250303_211048.jpg
    20250303_211048.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20250303_211156.jpg
    20250303_211156.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20250303_211059.jpg
    20250303_211059.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20250303_211038.jpg
    20250303_211038.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20250302_205319.jpg
    20250302_205319.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20250302_204916.jpg
    20250302_204916.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20250302_204805.jpg
    20250302_204805.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 47

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new