OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't have a display. This is just a misc/nem tank on the grow out system. Tomato is a jerk and a nem hog. The skunks and maroon get the smaller ones and they all love them.

I'm a bit jealous of your placement. Not interested in moving mine but I'd like to see how much bigger it really is.
I had a tomato too and he was a jerk also. Never again.

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't have a display. This is just a misc/nem tank on the grow out system. Tomato is a jerk and a nem hog. The skunks and maroon get the smaller ones and they all love them.

I'm a bit jealous of your placement. Not interested in moving mine but I'd like to see how much bigger it really is.
Oh and mine placed itself. It was on the other side of the tank, but got upset from a flow change or something and just took off!

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Lemonade is really taking off.

CFC6380A-1BA6-4325-B6F7-167146EF5577.jpeg

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pics to cheer me up...lost a colony. My bird of paradise was close to my bubble anemone. A few branches were getting stung, but I didn’t think that much of it. Next day 90% of it RTN’d to a brown mess. Shocking and I was bit scared for the tank. Thankfully after taking it out everything is looking good. Guess I’ll pull a backup frag from the frag tank and start over. Feel like my white balance might be a bit too red in these pics, I’ll adjust next time.

Tried to take a mandarin pic, but he moved!
E8893F46-6F92-4F0B-9D05-BEA8003226D1.jpeg

9E667DFD-2C48-4DE4-A25D-918200422A5D.jpeg

27AFE0E6-D1F5-488C-A655-34E1ECF35149.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple nighttime videos. The first is of a hitchhiker starfish that lives under a rock, reaching out to eat a mussel. The other is of my harlequin shrimp doing his thing.

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread needs more pictures!

Aquascene echinata next to my goldmeister chalice. These two will need to be split up soon, they’re getting close. I got the echinata from aquavista99. It has been a slow grower. Maybe more flow? I dunno.

824AE8FC-21BC-4648-9426-7B9ED0220714.jpeg

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In tank news my nitrates are still about 20ppm. I started dosing iron daily, and the cheato is green again, along with lots of sea lettuce growth. Coral color is good, but growth is meh. I’m taking the slow approach and waiting it out, with the hope the improved algae will slowly bring things back in line. I also removed my filter bags. One less thing to worry about!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ur on the aquavista frags as well that awesome he is the man

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He really is. I have a 3in Oregon tort I got from him that I love to death. Camera never captures how great it is.
I know right!!!! I’m having tank troubles right now and can’t figure out what it is (have a thread on it if ur interested) but my god his “frag” was truly amazing

Last pictures of it alive

9963D634-CE05-401B-AA7B-3768244CF28A.jpeg
ED40AAD5-07AC-4846-A78C-AB3917B59CDF.jpeg
0AD2F46B-4E82-40F7-99BC-F8F29D364445.jpeg

Can’t wait to re up with him when my tank is back on track

He gives Adam from battle Corals a run for his money esp since he isn’t a business they are the only people I’ll order from

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right!!!! I’m having tank troubles right now and can’t figure out what it is (have a thread on it if ur interested) but my god his “frag” was truly amazing

Last pictures of it alive

9963D634-CE05-401B-AA7B-3768244CF28A.jpeg
ED40AAD5-07AC-4846-A78C-AB3917B59CDF.jpeg
0AD2F46B-4E82-40F7-99BC-F8F29D364445.jpeg

Can’t wait to re up with him when my tank is back on track

He gives Adam from battle Corals a run for his money esp since he isn’t a business they are the only people I’ll order from

Wow man, that sucks what happened! I know when things start dying, for whatever reason, I panic do crazy amounts of water changes. Recently when I had my bird of paradise colony RTN from being stung by an anemone, one other colony of pocillopora looked real bad for a day, then perked up. I actually stopped with the carbon for a while, as I was tumbling too much, and some fish in this tank have HLLE, which I'm trying to stop. I hope things improve for you and you figure out what is going on with your halides. I have 1 halide over my frag tank, but I'm no expert at all.

OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cute is this little guy?! Had him two weeks, he's in the frag tank with a foxface where he has room to swim. He'll probably stay there for a while. He doesn't seem to be getting ich or anything, the tank was fishless before. He's eating nori really well and some meaty foods, but he's most excited about the nori. I gave him some rocks to hide under and he's getting more friendly every day. He was actually running around eating when I grabbed this pic. Mouth open!

achiles tang.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rinckemd

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really just avoiding work and posting some pics I took last night. I've got a couple SPS that keep encrusting but never branch. More flow? You guys have any tips? You can see bits of my paletta pink tip (No pink, looks like a slimer) and Joe Knows Rainbow on disks. They keep growing out, but never up. They are kind of trapped between bigger SPS, which makes me wonder if they just want more flow.

Here's all the various SPS in this pic. Most small on plugs still.
  • Green Slimer
  • PC Rainbow (middle front)
  • Paletta pink tip on disk behind PC Rainbow
  • Joe Knows Rainbow behind Slimer branch on right. Bit of green peeking out but no branching.
  • Walt Disney hiding in the lower right (I'll be moving him to move flow soon)
  • Branching green hammer
  • Green Stylopora
  • Fox Flame in middle
  • Turquoise stunner to the left of the Fox Flame. (It's my favorite!)
  • RR orange passion in the middle/top-left
  • Ponape birdsnest middle top
  • Tri-color valida left middle branches poking off the rock
  • Rose milli getting cut off on the middle left
  • Above him is a mint sarmentosa (grows slow as hell!)
  • and a Red digi bit above him.
  • Purple stag with green polyps top-left (Exquista? Forget name)
  • ORA turquoise stag in the top-left. Only the new branches are blue for me.

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Last edited:

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a video of the tank. The good and the bad! Let me know if you see anything wrong.

Jaw dropping! Bravo! Beautiful job, what an inspiration! I love the incorporation of the mangroves, you've inspired me to do the same. Thank you so much for sharing. Tanks like yours are why I'm in this hobby.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back