Milli Issues

DraggingTail

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I frag this to try and save it?

I have some tissue necrosis after 2 weeks starting at the base.

Before and after are below.

Here is my log.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RdChcCXN_XPrurixjkQD8e_pVVA/edit?usp=drivesdk
IMG_20190106_152257.jpeg
IMG_20190111_191523.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the looks of the first picture, it had some light colored tissue from get go and even some damage. It's minor and correct it's self in time. I'd give it some more time to see if it improves.

DEWreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watch it dont stress it out more this one started to rtn I left it alone after a 5 min iodine dip and it's alive still it will regrow.

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, listen, First, add more fish to the tank. This will help. Tank is still new and looks new. Fish poop will fuel bacteria and add food to the water in the form of nutrients. You need this for corals to thrive. Especially acros.
Don’t add any more corals till more fish have been added and are thriving.
The coral in question looks rough. But still hard to tell. If the base is STNing currently. I would remove it from the rock and frag it asap. Make sure you cut well into healthy tissue. Toss the rest. Cut away the dead parts...(anything white is dead usually). An rtning or stning coral can be, but not always, be contagious IMO. Don’t wait...do it ASAP.

Back