Mimic Saddle Puffer opinions

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted to surprise the family with a puffer or cowfish of some sort, its they're favorite. But all the ones i look at seem to be very hit or miss with aggression or nippinig corals. I just wanted to hear everyones opions on the mimic saddle puffer, or what they believe to be the safest. My tank size is 70g bowfront, here is a list of the full stock as well below. Minus the snails and hermits. The only thing i think would be a problem would be the shrimp and in the future i do plan to add a maxima clam of some sort. Any advice or alternatives would be greatly appreciated!

Fighting Conch
Midas Blenny
Ocellaris clownfish (2x)
Fire Shrimp
Sand Sifting Starfish
Serpentine Starfish
6 Lined wrasse
Red Tuexedo Urchin

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mimic saddle is actually a filefish, and just as apt to nip at corals as the puffers. Wanting to keep the array if inverts and a clam, I would recoomend against a puffer, or a mimic.

OP
OP
Michael Gentile

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mimic saddle is actually a filefish, and just as apt to nip at corals as the puffers. Wanting to keep the array if inverts and a clam, I would recoomend against a puffer, or a mimic.
i thought the clam would be a problem for sure as well as small snails, i was willing to take a chance with the coral though, thank you for the advice!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back