Not open for further replies.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what did they say to you ..
They are attempting to meet the demand. They are hoping to get things out within the timeframe they specified to me - they also posted a paragraph or so on another thread with an update (that was the poll one)

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
k... just would be nice.. to see .. if they are doing 10 per week.. then why not advise the real date for shipping.. I am just frustrated with we will let you know .. I ordered July 8th .. and am still waiting with no anticipated date to ship other than looking at a few more weeks..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
k... just would be nice.. to see .. if they are doing 10 per week.. then why not advise the real date for shipping.. I am just frustrated with we will let you know .. I ordered July 8th .. and am still waiting with no anticipated date to ship other than looking at a few more weeks..
I dunno - maybe they are gun-shy with promises. my IMPRESSION from talking to them a while ago is they are preparing to ship many units this month (kind of a batch ) - but dont quote me on that. BTW - Have you confirmed that they received your order - and that all is well - because my IMPRESSION is that people who ordered after that point in time have gotten units. But - am not positive about that.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno - maybe they are gun-shy with promises. my IMPRESSION from talking to them a while ago is they are preparing to ship many units this month (kind of a batch ) - but dont quote me on that. BTW - Have you confirmed that they received your order - and that all is well - because my IMPRESSION is that people who ordered after that point in time have gotten units. But - am not positive about that.

People who ordered on July
1 are still waiting.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not, there are orders from July 1st that are unfilled. Mine is July 3rd and I haven’t heard anything for a month.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is a frustrating situation - and my guess is that they are getting a lot of calls - since the phone system occasionally says 'busy'. I guess in my guy - I feel like they are trying to do the right thing - so I will stick with it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To those of you wondering, I did get my subscription disc in the mail today. I have a feeling that you will get answers to some of your questions soon.
Thanks for the update - for those who were concerned for your welfare:)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this email from Mindstream.

4d4c9145-dd2a-4882-9761-2c7f7bbcacd5.jpg
Dear MindStream Community,
We have decided to temporarily suspend web store sales of the MindStream Monitor in order to catch up on the extensive backlog of orders we've received over the past few months. This is not a decision we make lightly, as we know it will be a disappointment to many of you who are considering a purchase, and since we are a small start-up company, we can always benefit from the revenues. But nevertheless, our financial position remains strong, and we feel it’s important to focus on delivering the orders we have before we make additional commitments to new customers.
As we continue to invest in manufacturing systems to allow us to scale operations, we have experienced short-term capacity constraints that have made it difficult for us to keep up with the large number of orders we have received. We are working very hard to deliver on our anticipated shipping lead times and do not wish to cut any corners in manufacturing that might risk our ability to deliver the highest quality product and the best possible experience with the MindStream Monitor.
Existing customers will not be affected in any way, and the web app will continue to provide unparalleled insights into the health of your reef tanks. We will continue to fulfill our current backlog of orders in the coming weeks and will let you know in advance when we will be reopening the web store.
To be clear, this is only a temporary suspension of sales of new monitors in the web store while we continue to scale operations to meet demand. In the meantime, please sign up for our newsletter here so you can be sure to know when the store will open for business again.
All of our MindStream team members are sincerely grateful for your patience!
Gratefully yours,
Brian Degen, CEO
MindStream Facebook
MindStream Instagram
MindStream Website
Copyright © 2019 Step Ahead Innovations, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website mindstreamh2o.com

Our mailing address is:
Step Ahead Innovations
6 Green Tree Drive #1
South Burlington, VT

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
open.php

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those of you wondering, I did get my subscription disc in the mail today. I have a feeling that you will get answers to some of your questions soon.

Answers indeed, unexpected ones, but better than silence :)

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a lengthy discussion with him yesterday where he spent the bulk of the time listening to some of my concerns especially around the communications, or lack thereof, coming from him and his company. As with anything, there are always two sides to the story so was interesting to get his perspective especially regarding a lot of the complaints on this site. I came away reassured and especially encouraged as to what may be coming down the road.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a lengthy discussion with him yesterday where he spent the bulk of the time listening to some of my concerns especially around the communications, or lack thereof, coming from him and his company. As with anything, there are always two sides to the story so was interesting to get his perspective especially regarding a lot of the complaints on this site. I came away reassured and especially encouraged as to what may be coming down the road.
Please share his perspectives as he provided them to you if possible. I would really like to know what they are thinking and doing.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that, realizing this is mostly my opinion based on what he had to say, they are trying to ramp up to meet demand with something that is very technical and where finding competent people that are both scientifically capable and hobbyists that can relate to our wants and needs is not easy. He seemed very genuine and takes responsibility for putting constraints on their communications that we might feel were not the best choices. I urged greater transparency and I think he gets it while at the same time having to be guarded about letting too much information out for the competition to see. Having spent years working with CEO's (and even more who thought they deserved too be one) I was most impressed that he was willing to take an hour out of his evening to mostly listen to a hobbyists criticisms and perspective. I can tell you that, in that world, that is very uncommon! He is more concerned with getting it right than just getting it done.
I think that another thing to be consider is that, while Rev may want to disagree, R2R members may make up only a small percentage of his market.
I am still quite impressed with the product and find that the more I understand it the more accurate I find it to be. They have a "to do" list that includes PO4, doser linkage etc. which won't require changes to the monitor as it can be re-programmed remotely. Would only require changes to the discs which are changed monthly anyway. Am I glad I bought it...yes.
As I have stated before it fits my needs but I would not presume to speak for everyone else.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think that, realizing this is mostly my opinion based on what he had to say, they are trying to ramp up to meet demand with something that is very technical and where finding competent people that are both scientifically capable and hobbyists that can relate to our wants and needs is not easy. He seemed very genuine and takes responsibility for putting constraints on their communications that we might feel were not the best choices. I urged greater transparency and I think he gets it while at the same time having to be guarded about letting too much information out for the competition to see. Having spent years working with CEO's (and even more who thought they deserved too be one) I was most impressed that he was willing to take an hour out of his evening to mostly listen to a hobbyists criticisms and perspective. I can tell you that, in that world, that is very uncommon! He is more concerned with getting it right than just getting it done.
I think that another thing to be consider is that, while Rev may want to disagree, R2R members may make up only a small percentage of his market.
I am still quite impressed with the product and find that the more I understand it the more accurate I find it to be. They have a "to do" list that includes PO4, doser linkage etc. which won't require changes to the monitor as it can be re-programmed remotely. Would only require changes to the discs which are changed monthly anyway. Am I glad I bought it...yes.
As I have stated before it fits my needs but I would not presume to speak for everyone else.
I also am glad they are being more communicative. I received an email today in response to my request yesterday and a follow up about another question

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also spoke with them today. Ryan was out last week for paternity leave and they were not able to keep up with customer communications.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got this in reply to when my monitor would ship. (so they are saying 10 weeks from when I ordered - which would be 10 weeks from 8/21.

Sorry for the confusion. We mean 10 weeks from the date you ordered your monitor.

Thank you,

Ryan Kinkel

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I had the pleasure of seeing the guys yesterday at the show. I am confident they are on the right track and doing there best to produce and provide a high end product that meets our expectations. I pointed out some of the frustration on the sites and they are working to resolve and keep more of us posted. In the end I am confident all will be well and work out. Need to be a bit patient.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all. I had the pleasure of seeing the guys yesterday at the show. I am confident they are on the right track and doing there best to produce and provide a high end product that meets our expectations. I pointed out some of the frustration on the sites and they are working to resolve and keep more of us posted. In the end I am confident all will be well and work out. Need to be a bit patient.
PS to my post above - they have answered every email I've sent in the last couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back