Mindstream

djsmallz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted my bank today to cancel my order, the lack of communication is a little more than I can bare (in my best Doc Holiday voice). I'll give it another shot in the future when units are available.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 1st time chiming in on any R2R forum. I've been a long-time reader on R2R, but not a full-fledged contributor/member--until now. I was now finally compelled to add my '2 cents' to this forum given these most unusual and, I dare say, 'disturbing' developments with Mindstream. Like others, I ordered my unit on 7/1/19--the 1st day it was offered for sale to the general public. Also like others, I was promised over and over that I was 'high on the wait list' and that delivery was just a matter of days or weeks away.

I have not tried to call MS again in several weeks because it simply doesn't matter what anyone at MS could possibly tell me since this company has now earned zero credibility as to its ability to provide any accurate assessment as to when it actually will deliver units. However, what concerns me the most at this point is that from what I can garner from this and other forums, MS is now not even attempting to provide even a feeble explanation for the lengthy delays or even making any attempt to just contact paying consumers--including those who have already paid $1000.00 (such as myself). By the way, I was told on the phone by a MS rep. that someone would contact me in 1 week to give me an update on my order. Well, that was over 1 month ago, and still counting! At least previously, they'd pick up the phone, email you back, etc. Now there appears to be stone-cold silence.

Perhaps even more concerning to me than MS's (at best) evasive answers told to those of us on the 'waitlist' is the fact that someone on another thread recently said that he could not get his MS unit to connect with the MS server, and still has not (as of his last post) heard back from MS in days! This is by far the most troubling thing I've heard so far with respect to this company. It's one thing to underestimate the demand for their units and therefore have longer than expected delays in delivering initial devices. But, it's a whole different thing to not provide prompt IT support to those who are already paying their monthly service fees. If I'm paying my monthly cable tv bill, I rightfully expect to be able to get someone on the phone within 1 hour to at least acknowledge my problem and to promptly troubleshoot as to why my internet service and cable tv are down, and to reassure me that a solution is being sought. Obviously, the monthly fee for the MS discs is not just priced for the disc itself and its delivery, but also for timely customer service/tech support for the entire unit and the discs.

Let's face it...the promise of this unit and what it can potentially deliver (NO MORE TEDIOUS TESTING and near constant monitoring of key parameters) is so great that it is compelling us to put up with this totally outrageous nonsense in a way that none of us would ever put with if it were for most anything else we wanted to buy (e.g., a new car, a new smart phone, etc.).

I can only hope that the company is not conducting business in this manner because it is taking advantage of its monopoly position that it has in this technology. Rather, I want to think that they have simply come across very significant unforeseen problems and are simply too ashamed and embarrassed of their miscalculation to face their customers with the truth. Regardless of its rationale, this company needs to understand that it is testing peoples' patience, and with their false promises, lack off communication, and now near silence, they are getting very close to pushing people to the edge of what they are willing to put up with. When Robbyg says that he will re-evaluate his generally very patient and optimistic position next Monday, then you know there's a brewing insurrection and possible mass exodus of customers.

Mindstream, are you listening?

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not been able to reach anybody today and at this point I am getting very frustrated with their lack of communication to the community. I understand that a Tech cannot make a post with any kind of official statement but the fact that the CEO or someone of rank has not made a statement is getting way past the point of ridicoulus. As I stated before I am willing to wait it out if I have some contact from them and things are progressing. If by Monday of next week I don't hear anything I might start to reevaluate my position. I am not worried about losing my money as I have plenty of time to make a claim but I am not going to support a company that leaves me in the dark this long.

It's the main reason I cancelled. I sent an email cancelling last week asking for a refund. NO REPLY. Multiple phone calls last week, no pickup. Voicemails: no reply. I was told at the 10 week mark I would get an email with a discount--- no email came. Someone else posted that mass email communication was suppose to go out this week. Still waiting. If I got the product after waiting 4 months for it and it needed any support and I couldn't get a reply, my head would explode:) Decided to get a apex and do auto water changes of 20 percent per week. Will do an occasional Icp. I have enjoyed your posts and insights and at one point was in the same camp as you. Now I am just "over it".

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised no one has taken legal actions against them. Basically a purchase is a contract between the buyer and seller. If they don’t deliver in the prescribed time the buyer has the rights to take legal action. My guess that would certainly get their attention as after one case became known I would assume others would follow. I would also think as people cancel the CC companies would be going after them. That being the case they could be close if not near bankrupt. Would like to know if people out there with units are still getting test results. Once that stops it safe to assume they are gone

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised no one has taken legal actions against them. Basically a purchase is a contract between the buyer and seller. If they don’t deliver in the prescribed time the buyer has the rights to take legal action. My guess that would certainly get their attention as after one case became known I would assume others would follow. I would also think as people cancel the CC companies would be going after them. That being the case they could be close if not near bankrupt. Would like to know if people out there with units are still getting test results. Once that stops it safe to assume they are gone
I'm still getting results every 15 minutes.
Screenshot_20191121-133628_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of points:
- As of yesterday people were still getting test results, which they considered to be accurate, but not sure that means anything.
- Legal action, by design, favors the company in that bankruptcy protections are designed to protect them, not the consumer. Also, would take many months at a minimum.
- CC companies, will just write off the loss, like they do with defaulting accounts for the average person unless there are legal proceedings and assets to divide.
- I returned mine because it was not reliable for more than a few days at a time. The design of the unit did not keep the sensors clean therefore the readings became distorted over time.
- As relayed to me by the CEO, their challenges were that they had not accounted for the variabilities present in systems such as GFO and carbon dosing which affected the discs.
- Having worked directly with, and for, several fortune 100 CEO's, it is my belief that their veracity falls somewhere between a politician and a used car salesman. Their job is to put a positive face on anything and everything having to do with the organization they lead in other words, "alternative facts" when they serve their purposes.
- If I had to guess what the current situation is, it would be that they are either in the process of trying to sell to another company or giving up.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks interesting perspective. I agree with you conclusion but unless the buying company agrees to honor existing customer believe legal action would follow. If it was me I would already be contacting a lawyer. Done it before on something else. It insures I was considered when company went out of business.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- As relayed to me by the CEO, their challenges were that they had not accounted for the variabilities present in systems such as GFO and carbon dosing which affected the discs.

Crazy that something like that wouldn't be discovered in development or beta testing. Unless it was discovered and a decision was made to move forward anyways. Your additional points make me question if it was truly a new discovery.

- Having worked directly with, and for, several fortune 100 CEO's, it is my belief that their veracity falls somewhere between a politician and a used car salesman. Their job is to put a positive face on anything and everything having to do with the organization they lead in other words, "alternative facts" when they serve their purposes.
- If I had to guess what the current situation is, it would be that they are either in the process of trying to sell to another company or giving up.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe after months of testing they didn’t see an issue with sensor getting dirty. Was your sensor in tank or sump.

markster27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have held back ordering late August but after seeing it on a Youtube channel, I jumped at it and after still waiting for Neptune Trident on four different sites, I took the bait. Well, I too kept getting the run around, sent emails and seemed it was days before hearing anything then told a message from the CEO and a discount would come...nothing so today after reviewing these posts, I sent a email, left a VM for them to cancel the order and refund me 100% - also disputed the credit card transaction for failure to communicate, no product in hand and the hassle. I have USAA so not worried to much. I can tell from SPS growth the tank is thriving and doing weekly water tests are no biggie. Will try for the Trident some day but not on this.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe after months of testing they didn’t see an issue with sensor getting dirty. Was your sensor in tank or sump.
The discs have a brush to clean the lenses and prevent build up. Some of the earlier discs had brushes that did not stay attached to the disc and fell off but they claim to have corrected that issue.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was also a concern I had as I wasn’t seeing any user comments good or bad. Your information is very good to know and certainly would be of concern.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been able to get ahold of this company today or over the last week? Let me be more blunt....do we even know if this company still exists in a working capacity? I suppose when monthly paying customers' discs stop arriving, we'll know the answer to this.

I am personally almost hoping that the previous poster (old reefer) is correct in that they are now shopping for a buyer as we speak. Godspeed in finding one! And, if that turns out to be the case, good riddance to SAI.....what a joke! At this point, one would be foolish if one did not at least consider the idea of getting legal representation involved.

Furthermore, if this does turn out to be a sinking (or sunken) ship, then it will rank as a fraud of epic proportions (at least by reefing community standards).

Ebslinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, I would be surprised if anyone hears anything from them until they have secured bankruptcy protection.

Just my opinion having listened to all the posts.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been able to get ahold of this company today or over the last week? Let me be more blunt....do we even know if this company still exists in a working capacity? I suppose when monthly paying customers' discs stop arriving, we'll know the answer to this.

I am personally almost hoping that the previous poster (old reefer) is correct in that they are now shopping for a buyer as we speak. Godspeed in finding one! And, if that turns out to be the case, good riddance to SAI.....what a joke! At this point, one would be foolish if one did not at least consider the idea of getting legal representation involved.

Furthermore, if this does turn out to be a sinking (or sunken) ship, then it will rank as a fraud of epic proportions (at least by reefing community standards).
I talked to someone there last Thursday but not this week.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In most "takeovers" previous customer liability is covered. In most cases it is to remove liability from the seller but not in all cases. I wouldn't be surprised if this were a sale of the technology only; versus the entire company. Virtually leaving them with no assets for anyone to recover. Again, the bankruptcy laws are written to favor the company's that go out of business not the consumer.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to someone there last Thursday but not this week.
Thanks. I guess that is 'somewhat' reassuring. But, I assume that they must be reading these posts; and clearly they must realize that there are a lot of nervous customers out here in reefer-land. So, if these posts do not arouse a company-wide response, then one can only assume the worst.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back