Mindstream

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THey did not refund my money or respond to any emails. Luckily, the bank when given my email chain gave me instant credit back and said case was closed (on the phone even).
Multiple voice mails left without response.
Email asking for refund 11/14: no response
Email asking for promised update from prior week 11/8: no response
Last email received 10/31 saying unknown wait but will give a discount in an email update (which never came).

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THey did not refund my money or respond to any emails. Luckily, the bank when given my email chain gave me instant credit back and said case was closed (on the phone even).
Multiple voice mails left without response.
Email asking for refund 11/14: no response
Email asking for promised update from prior week 11/8: no response
Last email received 10/31 saying unknown wait but will give a discount in an email update (which never came).
This is stunning news! Someone requested a refund in multiple attempts, and has heard nothing back from the company! I know of a company that refused to issue refunds to consumers when the company was holding those consumers’ credit card numbers for a monthly service. That CEO of the maker of a supplement called Enzyte is now sitting in a jail cell for 25 yrs. Convicted of crimes, much of it due to not canceling memberships. Anyone interested, look up case of Steven Worshak (?spelling), CEO of co. who made Enzyte.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last I heard from them was 11/1/2019, when they responded to my email asking for a status update. I think I posted that response here. That email said to expect an email that was going out to everyone whose orders were past the promised date. The email would contain a status update and a 10% discount.

The email never arrived and my emails to them on 11/11 and 11/15 have not been answered (my other emails were answered the same day I sent them).

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is stunning news! Someone requested a refund in multiple attempts, and has heard nothing back from the company! I know of a company that refused to issue refunds to consumers when the company was holding those consumers’ credit card numbers for a monthly service. That CEO of the maker of a supplement called Enzyte is now sitting in a jail cell for 25 yrs. Convicted of crimes, much of it due to not canceling memberships. Anyone interested, look up case of Steven Worshak (?spelling), CEO of co. who made Enzyte.

I only sent an email one time regarding a refund. But a voicemail was also placed with my cell phone number without a response.

BTW, just picked up a TRIDENT from marine depot.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my trident and I fully expect to receive it in short order.
Now I just gotta get a DOS for automatic dosing.

grant k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my MS for 1.5 months now. It’s gone offline couple times (have apex as well that didn’t) but LOVED the ability to see all my parameters in real time. Gives you incredible control and an incredible learning experience to see when and how your parameters react to things. With that said I received my first replacement disk (4 days late) and when changed out to the new disk my parameters were massively off. Alk was 6.5 new disk read 13.5. I immediately emailed them asking for a response, that was Oct 5 and after several more emails and calls I’ve yet to get an answer. I lost 2 expensive acro frags that were the newest, in that time frame all other corals seemed fine, but have been gradually bringing down alk ever since. I hope they work these problems out but at this point my MS has been offline for 36 hrs and I’m flying blind.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my MS for 1.5 months now. It’s gone offline couple times (have apex as well that didn’t) but LOVED the ability to see all my parameters in real time. Gives you incredible control and an incredible learning experience to see when and how your parameters react to things. With that said I received my first replacement disk (4 days late) and when changed out to the new disk my parameters were massively off. Alk was 6.5 new disk read 13.5. I immediately emailed them asking for a response, that was Oct 5 and after several more emails and calls I’ve yet to get an answer. I lost 2 expensive acro frags that were the newest, in that time frame all other corals seemed fine, but have been gradually bringing down alk ever since. I hope they work these problems out but at this point my MS has been offline for 36 hrs and I’m flying blind.

Were you dosing based off of the low readings?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had issues with their monitor being offline? Mine went of this morning but my apex is still online. Now that I see Grant's has been offline too I'm getting a bad feeling.

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@grant k - Did you use a manual ALK test as a backup test to see which reading was correct? If it really was 6.5 and you have been gradually bringing it down....thats gonna be bad....

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@grant k - Did you use a manual ALK test as a backup test to see which reading was correct? If it really was 6.5 and you have been gradually bringing it down....thats gonna be bad....

I’m guessing that most people that dropped $1,000 on a monitor AND $40 a month on a supposedly calibrated system that promised alkalinity precision of +/- 0.1 dKH didn’t expect to have to continually check that precision with a $7 manual API test on a regular basis.

Perhaps this is why GHL determined that they needed to use reference solutions in order insure their Ion Director was reliable.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is looking VERY ominous, I must say. Now 2 confirmed off-line'd units; no call backs; no e-mail responses; multiple people confirmed to have not gotten their money back when requested--or even their requests responded back in a timely fashion (not at all in fact); and people who have suddenly not been able to get IT support from MS. If this were for anything else I can think of other than a coveted and hoped for reefer-related device--geared towards a hobby that has almost a cult-like and obsessive following (speaking of myself and others!), EVERYONE would be running to get their money back. In fact, if similar customer relations (i.e., lack there-of) were occurring in real-time from any bank, I guarantee to you that there would be a RUN ON THE BANK!!!! Except the only concern in an analogous situation would be that the ATMs likely would be either not connected to the network and/or likely out of money.

Perhaps I am wrong, and the company will administer a mea culpa in a mass e-mail posting on Monday, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I can tell you this. I just called my Amex to make sure I am protected. Indeed, I am protected for at least up to 6 months. So, since I ordered on 7/1/19, I am pulling the plug if I don't get an adequate response and/or device by 12/25/19.

Any other thoughts or ideas from anyone, I'm all ears! I'm especially interested to hear from RobbyG, who has at least given me pause to hold my fire up until very recently.

I wish all the best!

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is looking VERY ominous, I must say. Now 2 confirmed off-line'd units; no call backs; no e-mail responses; multiple people confirmed to have not gotten their money back when requested--or even their requests responded back in a timely fashion (not at all in fact); and people who have suddenly not been able to get IT support from MS. If this were for anything else I can think of other than a coveted and hoped for reefer-related device--geared towards a hobby that has almost a cult-like and obsessive following (speaking of myself and others!), EVERYONE would be running to get their money back. In fact, if similar customer relations (i.e., lack there-of) were occurring in real-time from any bank, I guarantee to you that there would be a RUN ON THE BANK!!!! Except the only concern in an analogous situation would be that the ATMs likely would be either not connected to the network and/or likely out of money.

Perhaps I am wrong, and the company will administer a mea culpa in a mass e-mail posting on Monday, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I can tell you this. I just called my Amex to make sure I am protected. Indeed, I am protected for at least up to 6 months. So, since I ordered on 7/1/19, I am pulling the plug if I don't get an adequate response and/or device by 12/25/19.

Any other thoughts or ideas from anyone, I'm all ears! I'm especially interested to hear from RobbyG, who has at least given me pause to hold my fire up until very recently.

I wish all the best!

In my case apparently my subscription was up today. I had cancelled pending a resolution on my issues. They didn't resolve it so I didn't renew. I didn't notice today was the cutoff date and it just stopped working at a random time this morning so it took me a bit to realize what happened.

ETA: It appears that I was incorrect, my monitor just came back online.

Last edited:

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case apparently my subscription was up today. I had cancelled pending a resolution on my issues. They didn't resolve it so I didn't renew. I didn't notice today was the cutoff date and it just stopped working at a random time this morning so it took me a bit to realize what happened.

hWat were the issues, once again, that you needed resolved, for which you cancelled? I'm glad that your monitor is back on-line. That is a good sign. But, your subscription only is for the discs and service. Your unit should NEVER go off-line. So, even if you never renew your disc subscription, your until should remain connected indefinitely--assuming this company stays afloat (assuming it is even afloat as we speak!).

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing they don’t cut the connection but just stop sending disks. Have you ever compared your readings to standard tests

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hWat were the issues, once again, that you needed resolved, for which you cancelled? I'm glad that your monitor is back on-line. That is a good sign. But, your subscription only is for the discs and service. Your unit should NEVER go off-line. So, even if you never renew your disc subscription, your until should remain connected indefinitely--assuming this company stays afloat (assuming it is even afloat as we speak!).
There is a whole thread about my issues in the mindstream forum.

sfmacguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pretty sure they just pushed an update out this AM. Looks like most of the monitors went offline, and came back up.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well must admit I am a bit surprised and maybe a slight hopeful. If they are actively trying to keep user operating then maybe they are just very bad at trying to maintain good PR. Doesn’t excuse the lack of communication. But it does make one think

Back