Mindstream

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually - the thread is interesting to those of us are interested in forwarding the technology (if it can be) - If not - well - so what. But - not the rest - unless you've ordered a unit, waiting for a refund, etc - why do you care.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The credit card company writes it off and makes it up in the 20% interest they charge. They do not have the time, nor desire or resources to fight every company in court.
Google chargeback insurance. then come back

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well.. this just got interesting.. seems that Stepahead is not telling the credit card company the truth.. I disputed the claim as product not arrived. not delivered. They did at one point give me a credit of 99 bucks for the 4 months delay.. but now they told my credit card company that they did a refund... claiming they refunded me in full. Now fighting the credit card company.. ... the response from merchant does say full.. so not sure if its my credit card company that cant read ???

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well... I am writing to let all know.. the guys at ... they told the credit card company "according to the merchant (stepahead) charge back guidelines product not received charge backs cannot be issued 120 days after the charge has been made.

They told my credit card company the 99.50 was a credit in full. !!!! Just spent another hour on this whole credit issue. They are clearly making false statements to credit card companies.. I now have sit down and write out another dispute letter. more wasted time.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well... I am writing to let all know.. the guys at ... they told the credit card company "according to the merchant (stepahead) charge back guidelines product not received charge backs cannot be issued 120 days after the charge has been made.

They told my credit card company the 99.50 was a credit in full. !!!! Just spent another hour on this whole credit issue. They are clearly making false statements to credit card companies.. I now have sit down and write out another dispute letter. more wasted time.
I included the 99.99 in my original letter. Because - at least at my card - the only way to dispute is 'one charge'. And I knew that I had made the 'charge' - but also gotten a 99.95 refund. Mine does not say 'in full'

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Also - Just looked at my credit card transactions - the credit card company re- charged me the refunded price - then 're-credited me the the 913.50 - so everything worked as it. was supposed to. I dont think there is any 'lying' at least with my CC Company. PS - what you're saying 'doesn't make sense' (not that you're being untruthful - but my guess is that your credit card did not understand. Who would accept a 99.99 credit - as a 'full refund' - and then dispute it?

Additionally - I had personally emailed the company before I did the charge back - stating if dont get the product by xxx date - I would initate a chargeback - and also realized that they had given me a credit due to the late shipping. So - I'm sorry that they are giving you a problem. But - I think this illustrates - communicating with the company - and providing all of that to the. redit card comapny. For example - would suggest that you send a copy of the email you got stating that they are giving a credit becasue of the 'delay' not as a refund

Perhaps the problem is when you did your dispute - you didnt mention that you had alread received a 10% credit?

Also - having done some research about 'chargebacks' - there is no 120 day limit - at least at my visa/ There are guidelines - that a chargeback should be done - after contacting the merchant - and the clock MIGHT start after your. ast contact.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 1.51.48 PM.png

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just FYI: (see bolded text below)

1. First Chargeback: 120 Days
The clock for Visa chargebacks starts ticking on the transaction processing date. Customers generally have 120 days from the transaction processing date to file a chargeback when the reasons for the chargeback include:

• Fraud
  • Late presentment
  • Incorrect purchase amount
  • Duplicate processing
  • Canceled recurring transactions
There are several exceptions to this rule. Cardholders have just 75 days to file a dispute for card recovery bulletin or authorization issues. On the other hand, when disputes are related to services not provided, merchandise not received or not as described, or defective merchandise, cardholders have 540 days to file.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no... they are saying that the merchant has that in place on chargebacks pass 120 days.. I am calling again and asking for a supervisor.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok... all respect to stepahead... i am betting its the low level working on min wage at citibank that is not getting it..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok... all respect to stepahead... i am betting its the low level working on min wage at citibank that is not getting it..
Don't know - but just was trying to help - you have 540 days according to the 'visa chargeback guide 2019' - Amex and discover have no limits as to when a dispute can be filed

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AmEx refunded my Mindstream purchase price last week.
Still bothered that it didn't work out, but at least I was able to clawback my money. :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back