Mini Complete was too big

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it had too many parts so I decided to try again with less effort.

Volume: 1 liter

Hardware: some tiny pump from an internal filter with a randomized flow outlet

Other equipment: the sun

Coral: Blue clove polyps
Mohawk zoanthid (not visible)
Pom pom xenia
Majano anemones
Unknown zoanthids

Stock:
6" bristleworm (needs a name)

OXpFIEe.jpg

Just added the Majano/zoa rock today, and I'm really impressed by the Majano, and look forward to growing them out. They hold color, even in direct sunlight, which is major points in my book. Also they started opening up within 30 seconds of adding them.

So I threw this all together when I caught the bristleworm- he's large enough that just by his basic living he was causing trouble in his past tank. My first instinct was to kill/dispose of him like all the others, but it kinda hit me that this one had legitimately not been intentionally causing trouble, and was innocent. (curse you, LegalEagle). I couldn't allow him back into the old tank, as he was knocking coral around just by moving. I couldn't allow him into my other tank, for the same reasons. I decided instead to spare him, and give him a place. It's not perfect, but he can live here in peace. I can't really fit my hand in the opening, so I too am safe from him, even in these tight quarters.

So anyways, it looks pretty too. Can't decide if I'll try feeding a tiny bit, to grow the Majano a bit faster. We'll see.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I have always wanted to try something like this but never got around to it.

OP
OP
K

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I have always wanted to try something like this but never got around to it.

Do you have some random pump? Do you have a container that at least mostly seals? Do you have a windowsill? You can put this together for $10 or less, and in less than half an hour.

That being said, mine is still only a week old, but doesn't seem to have cycling issues. The uglies will come, and they will pass. This is a "put in a windowsill, check every couple days" kinda thing

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back