OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can we get a tank pic

in any true impending crash, what those readings mean if they were true (rising uncontrollably) you get gray water as microorganisms die first and begin the loss cascade

can we get a tank pic for today looking for closed corals, gray water, bad smell, pending crash

the only mechanism that can cause these readings if true is too much bioload for the surface area (pics show us that's not the case) or a continued input source far beyond what the dosing ammonia thread shows people inputting per day, and reefs can process quite a bit of ammonium chloride in 15 mins we can see.

can you take a test kit reading, and actually post the readout of the kit today as a pic
Ammonia is 0.31 today. Im not re doing it just to take a picture. I dont have any benefit in lying about the number. Water does smell a lot worse than my other tanks but not as horrible as a few days ago. The one coral ripped from the center (last picture). Had a starfish die. 20240425_134808.jpg 20240425_134815.jpg

Attachments

• 20240425_134801.jpg
    20240425_134801.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 9

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a starfish once died in my tank too, likely starved. all dead animals are removed though right? they don't spike ammonia right when they die it takes a little rot time, if you've pulled any dead animals out that's perfect.

your reef is not in ammonia distress we can see.

I get that reading stated to me all the time: my api shows .5/ammonia alert/ all those threads were false stalls too my work shows in patterns collected.

transferring unrinsed sand transfers over waste complexes that have irritants other than fast-acting ammonia, we will never know if those factors are in play because nobody in reefing knows what those factors are yet.

I've seen outcome jobs like yours before. their risk was delayed invasions in each case if the whole thing didn't die overnight after the non rinsed move.

.33 nh4 is a nonevent in reefing. your test kit now agrees there's not any risk and the pics do too.

Its been super helpful with your pic updates I really thank u for that input it really helps.

Last edited:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in any true impending crash,
Nobody predicted an impending crash. Please stop moving the goalposts.

what those readings mean if they were true (rising uncontrollably) you get gray water as microorganisms die first and begin the loss cascade
Where did "uncontrollable" come from? They were rising because the nitrifying bacterial cycle was not in balance and had to catch up. The term most people use is "mini cycle" - this thread and the evidence herein. Nobody said it was "gone". You have turned an entire thread upside down to avoid a very simple truth.

can you take a test kit reading, and actually post the readout of the kit today as a pic
Insinuating that the OP is too dumb or to dishonest to post a number without a picture is inexcusable.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is 0.31 today. Im not re doing it just to take a picture. I dont have any benefit in lying about the number
That is good news. It is going down as we would expect it to as the bacteria colonies and other water parameters fall back into balance. Things should look better each day.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know what you did with the aquarium after the reading of 2.3 mg/L that bring you down to 0.31 mg/L?

IMO - Hanna Marin NH3/NH4 checker is a rather reliable tool and the method it use is more scientific verified than the method SenEye use.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know what you did with the aquarium after the reading of 2.3 mg/L that bring you down to 0.31 mg/L?

IMO - Hanna Marin NH3/NH4 checker is a rather reliable tool and the method it use is more scientific verified than the method SenEye use.

Sincerely Lasse
The only thing I did was add api quick start. No water changes.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
requesting one last update tank pic

so that we can compare it to the very first tank pic, and all the ones in the middle, to close out this false reading thread. reef tanks that cannot control ammonia do not live like normal for a month straight, they die overnight due to inability to process systemic bioload. at no time in reefing does a reef tank lose the ability to control ammonia and still remain symptomless for eight pages, this final pic shores up that rule by reinforcing patterns already on file.

*Im aware nobody is ever going to agree on status in this thread, that's why I evaluate my threads based on the objective nature of simple pictures. there isn't a way to debate if a tank looks like it's dying, or living. the pics have the final say in my analyses. others can feel free to disagree/not a prob/ and establish their own patterns in the matter.

Tank pictures, not nh4 test kits, determine ammonia safety the best in reefing. lets see the new pic, you've been so good about keeping us updated I appreciate that bigtime.

how long did resolution take here using the same kit?

1715094834945.png

there sure were a lot of nuanced prep steps needed to get that meter in line I noticed there above.

Last edited:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
requesting one last update tank pic

so that we can compare it to the very first tank pic, and all the ones in the middle, to close out this false reading thread.
There are no false readings here no matter how many times you repeat it, twist it or spin it.

The tank move disrupted the balance of the nitrogen cycle and it took time to catch back up. That does not mean the tank crashed or was destined to crash. It simply means that it took several days to come back into equilibrium.

To continue to insist that there are is no such thing, even after being provided pages of evidence and explanation from numerous parties is laughable but telling.

Photos in this context are meaningless.

*Im aware nobody is ever going to agree on status in this thread,
No, it is just you telling everyone else here that they are wrong.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's just typical argument follow up, expected if we read your recent post history after my posts. You're bringing down the site Bean with constant arguments with no reference material, you should select ignore to save you blood pressure problems reading my posts.

I posted Taricha's precision-tracked resolve rates in that link, it was relevant. I noticed you never did reinforce your stance with links or studies this whole time, but if you did I would read them.

Taricha says above in the caption to ignore a portion of the reading/ doesn't seem realistic/ but we didn't see that here right? Her reading was accepted lock stock and barrel by everyone.

said on page one: your reading isn't accurate.

show us a thread you've encountered before where ammonia was legit stuck in a working tank with live rocks for a month.

= bet we don't ever see that post link requested.

I learned nothing insightful from what you've written here in this thread

no prior studies shown by you

no prior work whatsoever in the matter, nothing I can critique at all. I didn't get any insight from anything you've written here. that's a pattern I've noticed when you're responding angrily to my posts for other people.

This thread here is my first read now in the false ammonia alert thread, where every tank for three years running had perfect pics but an nh4 concern. I have my patterns on file that's for sure, and they're linkable. readable, able to be critiqued endlessly by those who don't do any studies.

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@alicia24

once we get that final tank pic my work here will be complete. hope u see the message soon :)

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's just your troll follow up,
You are not being trolled and in fact at this point if anything, you have become the troll by continuing to push a point that has been show to be wrong repeatedly in this thread (and countless others) by numerous posters.

Nobody here said that the tank was going to crash and nobody would expect a photo of a dead tank.

Is the OP a liar? Are the other contributors here shills for "the old way".

What is the explanation, Brandon? Please stop deflecting by attacking me and simply tell all of us.

I noticed you never did reinforce your stance with links or studies this whole time: that's expected.
The entire contents of this thread, save your opinion and deflection supports my stance, as does the known science of nitrifying bacteria and decades of scientific and community knowledge regarding reef tanks.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mods

this is the only way I can stop the arguments

1715096454063.png

being allowed not to block is causing this jam-up, make him ignore my posts and site positivity will increase fourfold.

I absolutely do not post in Beans threads, I only respond to his incessant personal attacks as he follows me around to different threads, you've seen recent examples outside this one.

If he would hit block, we won't have this trouble because we'd never interact.

I don't mind responding to his off-topic insults if you want to leave the status quo in place, but it's going to get worse not better you can see from reading his post history the last 48 hours.

Last edited:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not YOUR thread and your opinion is quite literally at odds with consensus of almost every person here, including the OPs.

You came back to again unsettle it as if none of the information provided in this thread other than yours was relevant or valid. It is a slap in the face to the OP and everybody else that contributed and you don't expect a response?

You are free to block posts from any member of this forum. Nobody is forcing you to respond. You are now asking the moderators to shield you from dissent by blocking others from seeing your posts??

Unfortunately bulk of the 8 pages are your posts, mostly deflections or tangents.

You came back to insist (again, despite the evidence herein) that the readings were "false". The questions at hand are therefore simple.

Is the OP a liar?
Did anybody here predict a "tank crash"?
Is the OP incapable of using a Hanna checker properly?
Are the other contributors here misinformed, even those who are credentialed?
Was the test device in error, even though it was verified against another system?
What explains successive tests rising very several days before leveling off and declining?
If the balance of nitrifying bacteria is disturbed or its current capacity overloaded, what happens?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back