OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can we get a tank pic

in any true impending crash, what those readings mean if they were true (rising uncontrollably) you get gray water as microorganisms die first and begin the loss cascade

can we get a tank pic for today looking for closed corals, gray water, bad smell, pending crash

the only mechanism that can cause these readings if true is too much bioload for the surface area (pics show us that's not the case) or a continued input source far beyond what the dosing ammonia thread shows people inputting per day, and reefs can process quite a bit of ammonium chloride in 15 mins we can see.

can you take a test kit reading, and actually post the readout of the kit today as a pic
Ammonia is 0.31 today. Im not re doing it just to take a picture. I dont have any benefit in lying about the number. Water does smell a lot worse than my other tanks but not as horrible as a few days ago. The one coral ripped from the center (last picture). Had a starfish die. 20240425_134808.jpg 20240425_134815.jpg

Attachments

• 20240425_134801.jpg
    20240425_134801.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 6

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a starfish once died in my tank too, likely starved. all dead animals are removed though right? they don't spike ammonia right when they die it takes a little rot time, if you've pulled any dead animals out that's perfect.

your reef is not in ammonia distress we can see.

I get that reading stated to me all the time: my api shows .5/ammonia alert/ all those threads were false stalls too my work shows in patterns collected.

transferring unrinsed sand transfers over waste complexes that have irritants other than fast-acting ammonia, we will never know if those factors are in play because nobody in reefing knows what those factors are yet.

I've seen outcome jobs like yours before. their risk was delayed invasions in each case if the whole thing didn't die overnight after the non rinsed move.

.33 nh4 is a nonevent in reefing. your test kit now agrees there's not any risk and the pics do too.

Its been super helpful with your pic updates I really thank u for that input it really helps.

Last edited:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in any true impending crash,
Nobody predicted an impending crash. Please stop moving the goalposts.

what those readings mean if they were true (rising uncontrollably) you get gray water as microorganisms die first and begin the loss cascade
Where did "uncontrollable" come from? They were rising because the nitrifying bacterial cycle was not in balance and had to catch up. The term most people use is "mini cycle" - this thread and the evidence herein. Nobody said it was "gone". You have turned an entire thread upside down to avoid a very simple truth.

can you take a test kit reading, and actually post the readout of the kit today as a pic
Insinuating that the OP is too dumb or to dishonest to post a number without a picture is inexcusable.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is 0.31 today. Im not re doing it just to take a picture. I dont have any benefit in lying about the number
That is good news. It is going down as we would expect it to as the bacteria colonies and other water parameters fall back into balance. Things should look better each day.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know what you did with the aquarium after the reading of 2.3 mg/L that bring you down to 0.31 mg/L?

IMO - Hanna Marin NH3/NH4 checker is a rather reliable tool and the method it use is more scientific verified than the method SenEye use.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know what you did with the aquarium after the reading of 2.3 mg/L that bring you down to 0.31 mg/L?

IMO - Hanna Marin NH3/NH4 checker is a rather reliable tool and the method it use is more scientific verified than the method SenEye use.

Sincerely Lasse
The only thing I did was add api quick start. No water changes.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back