Mini maxi anenome

  • Thread starter Thread starter adromero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adromero

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
159
Reaction score
89
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning to find my gold head goby being eaten by my mini maxi anenome. Is this normal behavior for this type of anenome or was my goby possibly sick. The goby showed no sign of illness, was eating good and swimming throughout the day. I ask because in the last year a scissortail goby and lawnmower blenny disappeared. I do have a cover on my tank. I have two mini maxis in my aquarium. Should I be worried?

5F3C7086-14F4-4E69-9D9C-C75B6DFF9BB7.jpeg
 
It’s definitely possible that the goby got too close, the anemone stung it and gobbled it up. Bumping for an answer from the experts.
 
thanks for the replies should I stay away from bottom dwelling fish
 
That

i thought a cardinal would be safe because they rarely go near the bottom of the tank
Yes, but during the night fish sleep within the rock work or near it and there’s a big possibility one decides to sleep right next to a mini maxi
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new