Peppermint shrimps stressing mini maxi anemone?

iLikeAlgae

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2024
Messages
38
Reaction score
5
Location
Coquitlam
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I recently added 2 peppermint shrimps to battle aiptasia infestation in my 15 gallon tank.
I also have 2 maxi minis which for some reason, like to settle on darker side of the tank and stretch for light(Not sure why they don't just move to brighter area).
Two peppermint shrimps immediately took shelter under the elongated part of the anemone,
and would constantly bother it by walking over it and touching the tentacles, making it contract non stop throughout the day.
Even worse is, when I feed anemones, shrimps would immediately steal food from them.

Mini maxis are the my favorites in the tank, and I am big concerned if shrimps are "stressing" them too much.
Should I take the shrimps out?

KakaoTalk_20250315_145807321_02.jpg KakaoTalk_20250315_145807321_01.jpg KakaoTalk_20250315_145807321.jpg
 
Ah I see. Do you think I should remove them then? I saw a picture of smaller shrimp(Sexy shrimp I think), living fine on top of anemones.
 
No change in aiptasia population but to be fair its been about a week since they were introduced.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new