mini reactor canister module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a couple years ago i purchased the brs Deluxe reactor module. w maxi 1200. so then i saw you guys came out with the mini setup. and switched pumps to sicce. i was informed this was due only to supply issues (frequently oos).
it never bothered me because i had room for the big reactor in sump. now ive purchased a trigger platinum amd had ti mount reactor under my rsr450. However suddenly the little guy is looking attractive. my questions to you are these:

are the canisters interchangeable with the old deluxe model? if so can i purchase just the can and plastic insert?

or if i had to by the whole thing... can i just not use the mount and screw the new canister into the old mount? was kind of a pita to get set up and would rather not deal with taking apart plumbing & hoses.

last question if all are no then do the mounting holes line up from the mini to the normal deluxe mounts?

will include pic so you can be sure of the model that i have

15886283276678048259504421127914.jpg

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @becon776,
The threads are slightly different, so we only sell the canisters with the top so that we can ensure that they won't leak. We do sell just the mini 5" canister with lid, but that won't include any plumbing or mounting accessories. You can find that HERE.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by your second question. The mount is built into the cap of the reactor on the deluxe model, while on the mini, it's separate. I don't see a way to utilize your current mount if you were to switch to the mini.

I actually have a mini reactor here handy, and by my measurement, the distance between the two mounting holes on the mini is 2.75".

It sounds like the easiest way to go would be to purchase a mini reactor without pump, then just use your current pump for it.

Edit: center to center on the deluxe reactor mounting holes should be 2.25", so if you go with the mini, you're going to have to re-drill at least one new hole.

Last edited:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same situation, sort of. I had the delux, then when I stopped running GFO I switched to the mini(had it already) for just carbon. I had to make new holes for the mini.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back