Mining Crypto For Frag Money- Anyone Else?

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what your setup is and how long it takes to mine one Ethereum.

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what your setup is and how long it takes to mine one Ethereum.
I am just using the two PCs that I normally use for business/gaming to mine and I'm not using any sort of crazy mining rig. Both are fairly robust PCs though.

I use Nicehash to mine, which I highly recommend to anyone that is not an expert due to the ease of use. To mine one entire Ethereum would take some time, but you are paid several times a day in Bitcoin. You would be mining Ethereum, but paid in Bitcoin as mining Bitcoin directly takes very specialized hardware. I would be happy to answer any questions on how to do it.

Here is a snip of about what two rigs are making currently per day:

Miningcap.PNG

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just using the two PCs that I normally use for business/gaming to mine and I'm not using any sort of crazy mining rig. Both are fairly robust PCs though.

I use Nicehash to mine, which I highly recommend to anyone that is not an expert due to the ease of use. To mine one entire Ethereum would take some time, but you are paid several times a day in Bitcoin. You would be mining Ethereum, but paid in Bitcoin as mining Bitcoin directly takes very specialized hardware. I would be happy to answer any questions on how to do it.

Miningcap.PNG
Do you run it 24/7?

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea how much the daily electrical cost is?
It depends on how much your utility company charges but there are calculators online that will help you calculate that if you know your rate.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Miningcap.PNG
Yes I am running my gaming pc mining Eth and making about 5$ a day. Not Exactly a windfall but it uses it for something When I’m not using it.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running 1 EVGA 3080 FTW. Only using 220W @ 95MH/S

Back in 2017
IMG_20171210_100055.jpg

IMG_20171210_100110.jpg

All the old miners i used to use lol
minig.JPG
Well one interesting side effect is the long term gain of mining. It makes 5$ today but 6 months from now Eth might be 3k ( or 0.59$ lol). I’m HODLing

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Well one interesting side effect is the long term gain of mining. It makes 5$ today but 6 months from now Eth might be 3k ( or 0.59$ lol). I’m HODLing
Exactly you gotta hold... Crypto is only worth as mush as you believe its worth. There is awesome technology behind some of the coins.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on how much your utility company charges but there are calculators online that will help you calculate that if you know your rate.
I‘m on 100% wind and it’s like 0.12 kwh, I pay extra to subsidize wind development but my electricity is delivered though the grid.

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Miningcap.PNG

What are ur specs? with my everyday normal laptop, I average about .20 cents a day with a CPU and GPU. Not sure how to up it without upgrading my entire system, I am overclocking as well

1612638417191.png

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are ur specs? with my everyday normal laptop, I average about .20 cents a day with a CPU and GPU. Not sure how to up it without upgrading my entire system, I am overclocking as well.
You don’t want to mine on a laptop, they are designed for energy efficiency not performance. Also you mine a crypto that is suited to gpu use like ethereum. Bitcoin isn’t.

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want to mine on a laptop, they are designed for energy efficiency not performance. Also you mine a crypto that is suited to gpu use like ethereum. Bitcoin isn’t.
How do you choose what to mine on nicehash? I don't know how to change from crypto to crypto

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm interesting. I'm a 3d artist, and have a couple of rendering machines that are aged out but still powerful...

edit- and solar panels!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back