Miracle Mud - Macro Algea - display sump

So the question is can I do both? Or should I try and keep the mud and the algae separate?

Is there a substrate that would be good for macros?


The below picture only works if my socks are short enough ….gonnna need to measue
1729473910500.jpeg
Yes, you can do both. Michael Hoaster had a tank on Reef Central called the the carribean biotope seagrass tank that had both and it was magnificent. Space might be your biggest issue. Michael had the seagrass on one side and the macros on the other and his tank was a 180 gallon display.
 
I used miracle mud filter with macro algae refugium for 20 years. I never replaced mud. During those 20 years, mud depth increased 0.5”, The mud was crawling with worms & pods and felt spongy to the touch.

For the last 5 years I have operated cryptic refugium with a mud filter.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new