Misbar Clownfish opinions...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kiwi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kiwi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2014
Messages
66
Reaction score
1
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my very first saltwater fish from a local Petco a while ago. It was labeled just as "Ocellaris Clownfish" but I later realized it was a Misbar Ocellaris. At the LFS where I purchase all my corals and supplies, they sell Misbar Ocellaris clowns for $10 more than the regular Ocellaris clowns. Petco mixes their Misbars with regular Ocellaris and charges the same price for both. What's your opinion on this situation and should stores charge more or the same price for Misbars?
 
I agree, I don't see the point of over charging for tank raised fish. It's not like they're going out in the ocean and hand catching them. I just can't tell if my LFS is ripping people off or if Petco has no idea there is a difference.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new