Misfit's Reef

MISFITKID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01435.jpg

That's it for now...Things are about to change drastically. This is a 100 gallon Glass, 72X18X18... I have an unknown amount of live rock, and right now I'm rockin a 1/2 bare bottom tank...I got lazy after the first half, but looks sweet like this. I do think when this one comes down, the new tank will have a deeper, finer sandbed...sugar sand is what the kids are calling it, right?

I just got rid of a 10+" Hippo Tang, and replaced that with a breeding pair of Banggai Cardinals. I also have a Spotted Mandarin, Coral Beauty, and a Maroon Clown & GBTA. I have a Diadema Urchin, and a few stars... and a Coral Banded Shrimp.

As far as corals go...I have a tiny bit of everything, well not everything, barely anything to most. I do what I can do with the tank on my budget, which is change the water and feed it, trade a coral when it grows out. I've been unemployed for a few months now, I need to figure something out so
I can fill this thing up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MISFITKID

MISFITKID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, no rods... no aquamend either...I was going to use it, but I think that stuff is smarter than me. I could not work with it at all.

I will be transfering everything to a larger tank...really slowly, and when I do, it will give me time to drill and use the rod in that tank, probably try that aquamend out again. I think it would be easy to work with if the rock was somewhat dry.

Thanks for the compliment.

jtarmitage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've ever seen an 18" tank look so open and deep! Very well done. Can't wait to see what you do with a bigger tank.

OP
OP
MISFITKID

MISFITKID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've ever seen an 18" tank look so open and deep! Very well done. Can't wait to see what you do with a bigger tank.

Thanks, I had a lot more rock in the display, but that was not working for me....I've gotten a few compliments on the rock work...the funny thing is, I'm just going by pictures on the forums and stuff...I have only seen a handful of tanks, and have only stuck my toes in the ocean once :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks great!! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
MISFITKID

MISFITKID

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Everybody, glad you like it...This is the first time I have been completely happy with the aquascaping...I moved a little around tonight and it's right on.

I removed another 1/3 of sand from the tank tonight...I keep getting some Cyano every once and a while, I'm pretty sure that is is the sand bed causing it... It was all black sand when I set it up, then I tried to cover that all up with some Carib-Sea Aragonite...I got a salt & pepper look going on, and hate it!

Once I get all the sand out, I'll be happy..and can quit disturbing the tank as much.

I love these new Banggai, I will try to get some better pictures when I get back from Arizona(gotta get out of the cold here in Michigan for a few.)

I made a really cool scraper/siphon that runs through my filter sock, I've been getting hair algae on the back wall ever since I scraped all the Coraline off. But, I removed about a pound of the stuff tonight, lol, and did a 40gal water change while removing the sand. It looks like a different tank.

I really appreciate the compliments.. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back