Missing clown

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 4 clowns in my tank and recently I noticed that one of my clowns aren't in the tank. Its been at least a week or 2 since I last saw him. I checked everywhere and hes no where to be found. Super strange. Has this happened to anyone before?

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could he have gone carpet surfing. Also unless your tank is extremely large, you should not have more than one pair of clowns. If you have more than that, they will 100% kill each other and your clean up crew will eat it before you notice its missing

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could he have gone carpet surfing. Also unless your tank is extremely large, you should not have more than one pair of clowns. If you have more than that, they will 100% kill each other
I have 6ft long tank. One clown host the anemone I have and 2 others sit on the other end of the tank. The one I got as a free gift and seemed to get along with the other clowns in the tank.
Overflow? Or he could have been a meal for the cleanup crew.
I have lids on my tank so not sure how he could have gotten out. CUC was what I was thinking but he seemed to be a decent size.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6ft long tank. One clown host the anemone I have and 2 others sit on the other end of the tank. The one I got as a free gift and seemed to get along with the other clowns in the tank.

I have lids on my tank so not sure how he could have gotten out. CUC was what I was thinking but he seemed to be a decent size.

I had a yellow watchman goby go missing about a month ago, all I can think of is he died and CUC got to him pretty quick.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back