Emerald Crabs

  • Thread starter Thread starter gabelex14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gabelex14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Messages
96
Reaction score
49
Location
Mansfield
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon,

I recently added some emerald crabs to my tank and I have now found two that have been eaten by something in my tank. My occupants are two clowns, a yellow faced goby, a Tomini Tang, and a coral Beauty. Anyone else have experience with these guys eating inverts?
 
Afternoon,

I recently added some emerald crabs to my tank and I have now found two that have been eaten by something in my tank. My occupants are two clowns, a yellow faced goby, a Tomini Tang, and a coral Beauty. Anyone else have experience with these guys eating inverts?
Are you sure they're eaten, or could it be their molts?
 
Afternoon,

I recently added some emerald crabs to my tank and I have now found two that have been eaten by something in my tank. My occupants are two clowns, a yellow faced goby, a Tomini Tang, and a coral Beauty. Anyone else have experience with these guys eating inverts?
Are you sure they're eaten, or could it be their molts?
Looks meaty to me but I suppose it could be. The issue is I can't find them anymore so I can confirm or deny
 
I haven't experienced them going for inverts, but they are definitely coral munchers so I don't keep them anymore for that reason.
 
You sure they didn't just die? Some people have them live a long time but I've had them die within weeks of being added. Never all of them just one here and there. I don't see any fish in yours list I would suspect.
PS. Like all cuc members I've had them go missing as well. I have some that only see every couple of weeks.
 
I haven't experienced them going for inverts, but they are definitely coral munchers so I don't keep them anymore for that reason.
Which corals have you seen them eat? I have several ans have not noticed amy damage to the corals in my tank. But I have mostly SPS.
 
Which corals have you seen them eat? I have several ans have not noticed amy damage to the corals in my tank. But I have mostly SPS.
It chopped the polyps from my toadstool and was eating them, I saw it 3 times before I finally pulled it out. I also saw one munching on my sun coral when I had it.
 
It chopped the polyps from my toadstool and was eating them, I saw it 3 times before I finally pulled it out. I also saw one munching on my sun coral when I had it.
Interesting. Im guessing I got lucky.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new