Missing Female Flasher Wrasse

wlarson15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a mated royal flasher wrasse pair. They both hid for the first two days then came out and was swimming around. Now the female has been missing for two days. The male swims around all day but no female. I saw her hiding early yesterday morning but have not seen her since. The fish in my tank are peaceful. I have a fox face, royal gramma, yellow watchman and pistol shrinp
Pair, male and female royal flasher wrasse pair, pincushion sea urchin, 2 emerald crabs, 2 blue legged hermit crabs, 3 snails. The parameters are in normal range with the following:
Salinity 35ppm 1.026
Calcium 360
Alkalinity 6.3
Magnesium 1320
Nitrates 5
(I use red sea’s reef test kit to get these results)

Not sure where she is. I am getting worried as the days pass. Any suggestions?

5562E729-9071-436B-BE8A-4665372FD6E3.jpeg

OP
OP
W

wlarson15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had a tight net covering all openings.

Had a mated royal flasher wrasse pair. They both hid for the first two days then came out and was swimming around. Now the female has been missing for two days. The male swims around all day but no female. I saw her hiding early yesterday morning but have not seen her since. The fish in my tank are peaceful. I have a fox face, royal gramma, yellow watchman and pistol shrinp
Pair, male and female royal flasher wrasse pair, pincushion sea urchin, 2 emerald crabs, 2 blue legged hermit crabs, 3 snails. The parameters are in normal range with the following:
Salinity 35ppm 1.026
Calcium 360
Alkalinity 6.3
Magnesium 1320
Nitrates 5
(I use red sea’s reef test kit to get these results)

Not sure where she is. I am getting worried as the days pass. Any suggestions?

5562E729-9071-436B-BE8A-4665372FD6E3.jpeg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of crevasse in that rock work. It is completely possible that she got into one to hide and got stuck. Sadly, they don't last very long when that happens. Do you have a clean up crew? When my first hippo passed away, I looked for the congregation of crabs to locate the remains.
FWIW - I feel your pain... Chernobyl the sleeper goby did something to spook my anthia Frodo. I have not seen that fish in over a month. In your case, there is not a lot of live rock to check. Mine is sooo full of balanced rock that it is like playing Where's Waldo. I'd start there. Best of luck.

PS Your Alk is low...

OP
OP
W

wlarson15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of crevasse in that rock work. It is completely possible that she got into one to hide and got stuck. Sadly, they don't last very long when that happens. Do you have a clean up crew? When my first hippo passed away, I looked for the congregation of crabs to locate the remains.
FWIW - I feel your pain... Chernobyl the sleeper goby did something to spook my anthia Frodo. I have not seen that fish in over a month. In your case, there is not a lot of live rock to check. Mine is sooo full of balanced rock that it is like playing Where's Waldo. I'd start there. Best of luck.

PS Your Alk is low...
Thank you. The search continues. I am hoping the male did not scare her. Also in the process of dosing my tank with Alkalinity, so hopefully it gets better soon.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. The search continues. I am hoping the male did not scare her. Also in the process of dosing my tank with Alkalinity, so hopefully it gets better soon.
Not picking on you about the alk... mine ran low for the longest time. Then it swung to crazy high levels... why? Faulty test kit. Hope that she turns up. I love wrasse.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dog pepper is in the reflection. I did not even notice she made an appearance. Looking through the window is a favorite activity of hers.
IMG_7298[4842].jpg
Pepper is beautiful. Good girl! She's just helping you look for the fish. (or she got a snack and her Omega 3's are doing good.)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back