missing tailspot blenny

C_LYNN1827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this may be an odd question....

I have a 24gal aquatop recife tank, it's new and we just did the first water change after it was done cycling.....

water parameters tested fine (i dont know them good yet so my fiance did it, im still learning)
My tanks stock is or was currently:

2 black snowflake clowns
1 yellow watchman goby

there was 1 firefish but i suspect it jumped out of the tank and cat found it first :frowning-face:

1 tailspot blenny- this little guy is missing after the water change. the lid was on so he couldnt have jumped out and theres no trace of him anywhere.

Has any one experianced these little guys hiding for an extended period of time and turning up? usually he's been out perched on the rocks and had not hid since it got him.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has he been gone now for? I had one of mine jumped into the back chambers a few times and lived there for weeks until I eventually found it during maintenance, I would look in to them just to be sure he’s not hiding there.

OP
OP
C_LYNN1827

C_LYNN1827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's only been missing since this morning, I did check the back chambers incase he somehow managed to wiggle back there but i didn't see him. I'm hoping he turns up cause he's easily one of my favorites with his personality.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new additions are still not used to water changes, firefish included x4 I can not figure out where they hide but they always come out after an hour or two, maybe it's still getting used to surrounding, if it don't appear soon then assume your cat ate this also and test for ammonia

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this may be an odd question....

I have a 24gal aquatop recife tank, it's new and we just did the first water change after it was done cycling.....

water parameters tested fine (i dont know them good yet so my fiance did it, im still learning)
My tanks stock is or was currently:

2 black snowflake clowns
1 yellow watchman goby

there was 1 firefish but i suspect it jumped out of the tank and cat found it first :frowning-face:

1 tailspot blenny- this little guy is missing after the water change. the lid was on so he couldnt have jumped out and theres no trace of him anywhere.

Has any one experianced these little guys hiding for an extended period of time and turning up? usually he's been out perched on the rocks and had not hid since it got him.
My tailspot backs into tight holes in the rock.
I once moved a rock with coral from 1 tank to another and guess who hitched along for the ride. I had to net the little guy and return him to his home.

OP
OP
C_LYNN1827

C_LYNN1827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new additions are still not used to water changes, firefish included x4 I can not figure out where they hide but they always come out after an hour or two, maybe it's still getting used to surrounding, if it don't appear soon then assume your cat ate this also and test for ammonia
I would assume the cat ate it, but with this guy the tank lid was on so cat couldn't actually get to him. He's been missing for a day and half now still no trace...

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back