Mitigating Territorial Aggression of Falco Hawkfish?

educatedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Ive added a Falco Hawkfish to my 200 gallon peninsula tank, but he seems to enjoy chasing or fin-nipping at my anthias.
I don’t have any aggressive fish, just a few chromis, 1 Randall’s anthias, clownfish pair, royal gamma, and a lawnmower blenny.
The anthias swims freely but swims into the rocks when it goes over a rock area where the Hawkfish loves to perch at.
(The obvious solution would be to take out the Hawkfish, but it’s just got that personality everyone enjoys watching!)
Would getting an aggressive fish help mitigate his sour hate for my anthias or would I have to get more schooling fish to help the anthias feel safer in numbers?
I’ve tried changing rockwork and inducing more feedings, but he just doesn’t like the anthias for some odd reason since the other fish just swim on by.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit shocked... I have a Falco & long nose hawkfish in a 120 which show no aggression to each other or other fish. The longnose hated a starry blenny I had and I killed the aggro with adding the Falco hawk.

Weird ending I know, but have you considered another hawk?

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back