Mitras LX7 firmware update and WIFI issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 new LX7 and the stocking firmware is 1.04. My PC is running win 7 x 64. GCC is 1.099.

I tired to connect LX7 with regular USB com port using GCC and it works fine. I can change setting through the USB. But when I tried to update the firmware the USBVCOM driver it seems not working properly. In my device manager I see USBVCOM shows up while I click the updated firmware and proceed to step 3, which is asking your USBVCOM port number. Windows recognizes it, but it fails to load properly (you can see yellow exclamation mark by the USBVCOM at device manager). I removed it, reinstalled the device/driver by manually pointing to the dedicated driver (cypress folder from GCC inside program file (x86)) and also tried different usb port. All failed. Whenever I tried to upgrade the firmware through GCC it starts "fails out, have to reset by unpluggin your LX7".

My WIFI won't work after I set the static IP. There should not be any mistake while setting because I had a doser 2.1 and I basically followed the same procedure. Next thing is I tried to update the WIFI module through the direct connect IP method that shows in Youtube. The WIFI module firmware update performed successfully. But still not working for the WIFI connection using GCC.

Saw somewhere in R2R said if the firmware is not updated on LX7 then the WIFI connection won't work at all. Well if that is the case then I am stuck. I am guessing the cypress USBVCOM driver is for Win 10 only, which is what I see from the GCC folder. And it may not compatible to Win 7. Any thoughts and help on this? I also sent email to GHL support in regards for this matters.

Thanks,

Louis

OP
OP
coweyes298

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated. After a remote session with Vinny the WiFi issue has been solved. Still waiting for instruction from Germany (Vinny will handle that) about another fixture's WiFi module firmware setting. Thanks Marco and Vinny!

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you have to do to get the wifi working right? These things are driving me insane

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back