Mitras LX7 firmware update ... wifi issues?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By any chance, is anyone else having issues connecting to their Mitras LX7 via wifi after updating to the most recent firmware?

I was able to easily setup a (static) wireless connection to my LX7 and connect to it time and again via wifi without any problems after initially setting it up two months ago.

But after upgrading the firmware yesterday, I have been unable to successfully connect via wifi. I've tried using both a dynamic and static IP. And I've also tried reinstalling the new firmware. But still no luck. When I test the connection by pinging the LX7 from my laptop (via the ping command in terminal) and directly from my network router, it only succeeds in receiving and returning all 4 test packets about 40% of the time.

Just trying to gain a little insight as to whether it is an isolated problem in my setup that I haven't figured out yet ... or if it's a more widespread issue others are seeing ... before I reach out to GHL support for some help...

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @malacoda -

Can you please tell me which version GCC, Mitras FW and WiFi Module FW you have installed.

We have not seen any issues of this/any sort with the latest version.

Please make sure to use the latest GCC, 1.0.9.9 - and install Mitras FW 1.07, WiFi Module FW 6372(or newer)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually 1 of my LX7's won't connect to GCC over WIFI. It works thru myghl.com, so I know it's on the network. I hadn't really messed with it because I haven't needed to change anything.
I'm on firmware 1.06 and GCC 1.0.9.8

Sounds like I need to try the latest GCC.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No update showing for WiFi, but after updating firmware to 1.07 I can connect to both units over WiFi.
Thanks for help, hopefully it fixes the problem for @malacoda

OP
OP
malacoda

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using GCC 1.0.9.8, Mitras FW 1.06, and Wifi FW 6261.

Updating to GCC 1.0.9.9 with Mitras FW 1.07 solved the problem. I still went ahead and updated the Wifi FW to 6376 as well.

My Wifi connection now works perfectly again.

Thanks Marco!

@dragon99 - If you're connecting just fine as is now, this may not really matter for you ... but the Wifi FW doesn't update automatically when you update GCC and the Mitras FW. You actually have to do it manually. The WiFi Module ESP Update instruction sheet at the bottom of the 'Manuals' section at on the GHL Support Download page explains how.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using GCC 1.0.9.8, Mitras FW 1.06, and Wifi FW 6261.

Updating to GCC 1.0.9.9 with Mitras FW 1.07 solved the problem. I still went ahead and updated the Wifi FW to 6376 as well.

My Wifi connection now works perfectly again.

Thanks Marco!

@dragon99 - If you're connecting just fine as is now, this may not really matter for you ... but the Wifi FW doesn't update automatically when you update GCC and the Mitras FW. You actually have to do it manually. The WiFi Module ESP Update instruction sheet at the bottom of the 'Manuals' section at on the GHL Support Download page explains how.
Ahh, gotcha. I'll look into that, thanks.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We also have a how-to video for those who are visual learners. :)

jduong916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my light a week ago and the firmware is up to date. I am able to connect through wifi, but when i disconnect the fixtures from gcc after half a day I'm unable to connect through wifi again. I have to restart the fixtures and sometimes the ip addresses reset. I don't understand why this keeps happening.

Another thing that is bothering me is that if i set the fixture to high output mode 100%, turn all the different colors to 100% and set the brightness to 100% the fixture should be drawing 195w but it says in ligh composer that it is only 88w. Is there a setting im missing?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jduong916
When you use the AUTO IP option, your network automatically assigns/re-assigns an IP address. It sounds like your network is renewing the IP address assigned to the fixture which is likely why you can connect once, then not connect when you try again. I would suggest you use a Static IP address for your fixture. The steps for doing that can be seen here:

Also make sure your fixture is on the latest WiFi module firmware, currently 6407. This FW version introduces further improvements to connection quality. You can see how this update is done by watching this video:

With regards to the shown wattage in Light Composer, this number should not be confused with total power consumption. This figure shows the total brightness of all channels combined in lumens which is then converted to wattage equivalence.

jduong916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up the static ip but im unable to connect wirelessly unless I power off on the mitras. I'm trying to download the latest firmware but when i log into the mitras ip address it asks for a username and password and i have no idea what this is.

jduong916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jduong916
When you use the AUTO IP option, your network automatically assigns/re-assigns an IP address. It sounds like your network is renewing the IP address assigned to the fixture which is likely why you can connect once, then not connect when you try again. I would suggest you use a Static IP address for your fixture. The steps for doing that can be seen here:

Also make sure your fixture is on the latest WiFi module firmware, currently 6407. This FW version introduces further improvements to connection quality. You can see how this update is done by watching this video:

With regards to the shown wattage in Light Composer, this number should not be confused with total power consumption. This figure shows the total brightness of all channels combined in lumens which is then converted to wattage equivalence.

I set up the static ip but im unable to connect wirelessly unless I power off on the mitras, the ip address still stays the same. I'm trying to download the latest firmware but when i log into the mitras ip address it asks for a username and password and i have no idea what this is.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up the static ip but im unable to connect wirelessly unless I power off on the mitras. I'm trying to download the latest firmware but when i log into the mitras ip address it asks for a username and password and i have no idea what this is.

Username: admin
Password: Starfish

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back