Mitras vs radion g5 pro

Nicknmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready to upgrade my lights. I was wondering if anyone has any insight into mitras 7206 vs radion g5 pro. Currently working towards a mixed reef standard 90 gallon with center Brace.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of the mitras but it does look promising! As for the g5 I wonder if people are still reporting serious build quality issues with it?

Personally for a higher end reef light I'm looking at reefi brand or the new coralcare gen 2

OR20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience there are still build quality issues with the G5 model and even more alarming customer support challenges. E.g. One of my G5 light had a LED cluster die and Ecotech have had a challenge in getting it repaired as well as to provide a time to get it solved. Preciously I had a 4 month repair delay on a 2.5 year old light (pre Covid) that died and with minimal communication from Ecotech on all the delays. I have therefore sold all my Radion products except two XR15 G5 pro that will go in the trash or be sold ASAP. As you can tell I have gone from a true believer in the products to someone who has lost faith in the producer.

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitras are great, but uncommon lights. They actually are a little similar to ReeFi lights in some respects, mainly the use of reflectors to blend light effectively eliminating the disco ball effect.

You’re really rolling the dice with G5’s at the moment, given the quality control issues.

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of GHL. I think their products are made exceptionally well. I think if you tried the mitras you won't be disappointed. Im planning on grabbing a couple here soon myself.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Mitras and love them. No issues after about 2 years. Corals, mostly Acros grow very well with great color.

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitras are great light but like other GHL products, the software is a little dated and most people have issues initially setting them up/connecting through phone or computer. Once they’re set up, you‘d find thir products are great.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of the mitras but it does look promising! As for the g5 I wonder if people are still reporting serious build quality issues with it?

Personally for a higher end reef light I'm looking at reefi brand or the new coralcare gen 2
Not sure about any build quality issues. They are premium in every way. The only thing I would say negative is that sometimes changing the spectrum based upon a specific time of day can be tricky at times with the Mobius app

Attachments

• 01DDA5D1-6111-457E-9FE5-C51036BD2F97.jpeg
    01DDA5D1-6111-457E-9FE5-C51036BD2F97.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 370A6A6F-63A7-44FD-A9EE-E67F91B0FD80.jpeg
    370A6A6F-63A7-44FD-A9EE-E67F91B0FD80.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 108

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have run both for an extended time... Mitras might put out some of the best LED light on the market. Looks great in the tank and the fixture is built so incredibly well. The software is total trash though. After 4 months and dozens of tries, I never got it connected to my WiFi. So to make a change meant taking it down and over to my computer. I sold it off shortly after I couldn't get any help resolving the issue.

G5 Pros are great great lights. Mobius was great compared to GHL. The light also looked amazing but Mitras had more shimmer. I've had great service from Ecotech for over a decade now. Mounting options are better for Radion as well.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
From my experience there are still build quality issues with the G5 model and even more alarming customer support challenges. E.g. One of my G5 light had a LED cluster die and Ecotech have had a challenge in getting it repaired as well as to provide a time to get it solved. Preciously I had a 4 month repair delay on a 2.5 year old light (pre Covid) that died and with minimal communication from Ecotech on all the delays. I have therefore sold all my Radion products except two XR15 G5 pro that will go in the trash or be sold ASAP. As you can tell I have gone from a true believer in the products to someone who has lost faith in the producer.
Wow I am so surprised on all the radion reviews. Glad I didn’t get them I was so close..

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure! See attached file.

A few notes. I have a low canopy, glass tops and 2 top braces on a 72 x 24 x 24 180 gallon. I have 6 of the 7206s mounted 1-4" over the glass tops. I max out at ~60% with 20-30% cloud cover at times.

Grows Acropora like weeds :)

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
There isn't a better selling or reviewed LED on the market right now
According to BRS.

But you know i am big on reviews. Not just products, but other things these days. Quit several members are complaining of radion issues.

Would i put them on my tank? Hell yes.

Would i choose $1600 lights with issues over other lights on the market Mitras, GHL, Coralplus? I don't know now..

that's all i'm saying. Anyhow i run AI Hydra with T5

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
According to BRS.

But you know i am big on reviews. Not just products, but other things these days. Quit several members are complaining of radion issues.

Would i put them on my tank? Hell yes.

Would i choose $1600 lights with issues over other lights on the market Mitras, GHL, Coralplus? I don't know now..

that's all i'm saying. Anyhow i run AI Hydra with T5

Not just BRS.

The complaint you quoted was from over 8 months ago. The very early release units did have some issues. Mine was part of that. The housing was cracked from over tightening of the screws. This was by far the most common issue. Of course there will be other issues here and there but that is with every item out there.

My GHL Mitras was super well built. The software was garbage on so many levels. I will take a cracked housing, that took me 2 minutes to replace, over software I can never get to work.

I also have a Coral Care Gen2 over my other tank. Good light. Software is good. The weight is crazy though. Hard to plan that much weight over a tank.

BTW, I run halides. I sold off Radions for halides. I have tried so many LEDs over the years it makes me sick. Could have saved thousands of dollars and just kepy my halides all along LOL

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back