OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks. I’m gonna try and get my doser set up tomorrow and see. I’m about to do a 10g water change right now, had some cleaning to do. So I’ll retest tomorrow and see where the numbers stand.

U

User1

View Badges
Sort of a odd piggy back question. Does adding Kalkwasser bump one or two items such as calcium and dkh or am I mixing something up. Only asking has a piggy back question since I'm finally starting to see a slight drop off after 3 to 4 days. I wasn't sure if it made more sense to dose just Kalkwasser or esv two part. In either case I'm guessing they would be pretty low so just trying to make it easier on myself.

I'm talking Alkalinity 9.2 on the 8th of July and on the 14th it reporting 8.9. Nothing huge. Calcium is similar with it reporting 430 on the 8th and 400 on the 14th. Magnesium was reporting 1230 on the 8th and 1200 on the 14th. I tested on the 8th, 10th, and 14th most recently just to see patterns. Nothing major like what I could imagine some of you are seeing. To bump it back up I does 40 ml of each esv two part and it seems to bring it right back up to the high points. It did start lower. Young tank still maturing since April.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Limewater boosts calcium and alk in the ratio of 20 ppm calcium for each 2.8 dKH (1 meq/l) of alk.

You can use a calculator to tell exactly how much you get from a specific volume in your tank volume.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back