Mixing part 3a and 3b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@twillard @gpwdr @Triton US

I just received my first supply of Elementz. I'm confused. I'm using a four head doser so I was going to leave 3a and 3b separate. But on the bottle there is an added sticker that says on each bottle mix with 9L of RO/DI water, but on the bottle itself it says mix A and B together in 8 L of water.

Am I to mix each bottle with 9 separate liters so I have an equal amount of each Elementz? Or is A and B supposed to be half the amount of water if mixed separately?

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can mix them separate. I have a four head pump and mix them separately as you describe with the 9 liters of rodi

You can also mix them together but I have no experience with doing it that way.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can mix them separate. I have a four head pump and mix them separately as you describe with the 9 liters of rodi

You can also mix them together but I have no experience with doing it that way.
Thank you!
So it is 9L each (except 9.6 for Elementz 1), all dosed equally, correct?

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3a and 3b can be mixed together with no problems. When you mix them you will have the same amount as your other mixing containers.
This will leave you an open doser for any future dosing like carbons or aminos if needed.
I do go down and roll them every now and then to make sure there is no buildup.
So far it has lasted 6 months. I dilute 1l of mixed element to 2l of rodi as to keep wiggle room in the dosing volume.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3a and 3b can be mixed together with no problems. When you mix them you will have the same amount as your other mixing containers.

Ok, I'm not going to combine this go around, if I have to supplement anything else I'll just have to do it by hand, but if the 3 part is double concentrated in the same volume of RO/DI then don't you reduce the dose by 1/2, meaning you won't be dosing all three parts at equal rates?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'm not going to combine this go around, if I have to supplement anything else I'll just have to do it by hand, but if the 3 part is double concentrated in the same volume of RO/DI then don't you reduce the dose by 1/2, meaning you won't be dosing all three parts at equal rates?

It isn't double concentrated. It just has other stuff in it too. Since the total volume ( 9 L) is unchanged, it doesn't matter what else you add to that mix, you are still dosing the same amount of the material each day.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't double concentrated. It just has other stuff in it too. Since the total volume ( 9 L) is unchanged, it doesn't matter what else you add to that mix, you are still dosing the same amount of the material each day.

Gotcha that makes sense. Thanks

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Randy.
Sorry I have been out today.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this is old but adding my .02 as well. I've been using the 3a and 3b together for a year now. I double the amount of water to make the mixture a little more watered down since some have complained about it crystallizing in the dosing tube. Since I double the amount of water, I also dose double the amount of the 3rd mixture when dosing. No problems as of yet and never had any of them crystallizing at all.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back