OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed. Are you getting a UK banner? :)
thanks bro, how do i go about this? also i am looking at rock now and unsure weather to buy dry rock or to buy second hand purple live rock what do you suggest?

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks bro, how do i go about this? also i am looking at rock now and unsure weather to buy dry rock or to buy second hand purple live rock what do you suggest?
UK banner: Click "Account", Click "Join User Group", scroll to the bottom and click on "United Kingdom User Group".

I bought some basic live rock from LFS when I started a few years ago but I also bought some dry rock as well and did a mixture. There were a few hitch hiking bristle worms in the live rock. Saw them for a year or so then I think they died off. You could use dry rock and buy some coralline stuff to seed it and it will turn purple. Or maybe someone near you (or LFS) will scrape some off a live rock to seed yours. Good luck.
PS you’re not a Liverpool fan are you? Bad result for them today.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard
ZomboMeme 26122020090538.jpg

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UK banner: Click "Account", Click "Join User Group", scroll to the bottom and click on "United Kingdom User Group".

I bought some basic live rock from LFS when I started a few years ago but I also bought some dry rock as well and did a mixture. There were a few hitch hiking bristle worms in the live rock. Saw them for a year or so then I think they died off. You could use dry rock and buy some coralline stuff to seed it and it will turn purple. Or maybe someone near you (or LFS) will scrape some off a live rock to seed yours. Good luck.
PS you’re not a Liverpool fan are you? Bad result for them today.
Thanks I have just done that.
I have just bought 10kg dry rock from someone (apparently it's been boiled) this won't affect the coralline growth will it? I am planning on buying live rock from my LFS and adding it so hopefully it will spread onto the dry rock I have.

I support Everton :cool::D

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I have just done that.
I have just bought 10kg dry rock from someone (apparently it's been boiled) this won't affect the coralline growth will it? I am planning on buying live rock from my LFS and adding it so hopefully it will spread onto the dry rock I have.

I support Everton :cool::D
Not sure about boiling. Never done it. Yeh live rock will help. :)

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi scouse reefer.im not a scouse but live in liverpool so 2 of us both starting off reef tanks same time 'ish and hi and hope all is well

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back