Mixing salt

Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed. Are you getting a UK banner? :)
thanks bro, how do i go about this? also i am looking at rock now and unsure weather to buy dry rock or to buy second hand purple live rock what do you suggest?
 
thanks bro, how do i go about this? also i am looking at rock now and unsure weather to buy dry rock or to buy second hand purple live rock what do you suggest?
UK banner: Click "Account", Click "Join User Group", scroll to the bottom and click on "United Kingdom User Group".

I bought some basic live rock from LFS when I started a few years ago but I also bought some dry rock as well and did a mixture. There were a few hitch hiking bristle worms in the live rock. Saw them for a year or so then I think they died off. You could use dry rock and buy some coralline stuff to seed it and it will turn purple. Or maybe someone near you (or LFS) will scrape some off a live rock to seed yours. Good luck.
PS you’re not a Liverpool fan are you? Bad result for them today.
 
Welcome aboard
ZomboMeme 26122020090538.jpg
 
UK banner: Click "Account", Click "Join User Group", scroll to the bottom and click on "United Kingdom User Group".

I bought some basic live rock from LFS when I started a few years ago but I also bought some dry rock as well and did a mixture. There were a few hitch hiking bristle worms in the live rock. Saw them for a year or so then I think they died off. You could use dry rock and buy some coralline stuff to seed it and it will turn purple. Or maybe someone near you (or LFS) will scrape some off a live rock to seed yours. Good luck.
PS you’re not a Liverpool fan are you? Bad result for them today.
Thanks I have just done that.
I have just bought 10kg dry rock from someone (apparently it's been boiled) this won't affect the coralline growth will it? I am planning on buying live rock from my LFS and adding it so hopefully it will spread onto the dry rock I have.

I support Everton :cool::D
 
Thanks I have just done that.
I have just bought 10kg dry rock from someone (apparently it's been boiled) this won't affect the coralline growth will it? I am planning on buying live rock from my LFS and adding it so hopefully it will spread onto the dry rock I have.

I support Everton :cool::D
Not sure about boiling. Never done it. Yeh live rock will help. :)
 
Hi scouse reefer.im not a scouse but live in liverpool so 2 of us both starting off reef tanks same time 'ish and hi and hope all is well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new