Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot is talked about maintenance frequency of our reef tanks, sumps and the equipment used to power them, but I've never given much thought previously to my RO storage and mixing station routine maintenance.

I have recently been upgrading my mixing station which has probably been setup in my shed for about 3 and a half years and pretty much used, but forgotten about.

When I took it all out for the upgrade, the power head was covered in what could probably be best described as a thick bio film.

I am now wondering how frequent folk clean their mixing stations and RO containers out?

Please vote and discuss your experiences and thoughts.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never need to clean the RO tank, but it’s in complete darkness so there’s no algae growth or anything

With the saltwater it gets the brownish biofilm, so I give it a swirl with a mop (its a big tank!) to remove it probably once a year and take out the dirty water

I guess if its dirty just clean it

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use tropic marin, you will never clean it
Go on explain more. Tropic Marin is just a manufacturer of aquatics products of which they make many. It's a bit like saying use Brightwell or red sea.

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your original question regarding mixing stations just implies that he's referring to TM salt, which has been known to mix clean without residue.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RO?DI tank is fine over 4 years. Saltwater tank have to remove ( 40 gallons) take it outside to hole down the inside once a year

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back