Mixing Station Pump, What do you use?

Paul Kachirsky

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
254
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for ideas on a pump for a mixing station. I see cheap ones on Amazon, are they worth it? What do you use?
 
I use a 5 gallon bucket and any old submersible... I'll grab a pic tonight
 
20241122_184849.jpg
 
I use a Reef Octopus Varios 6. I have used a lot of different pumps and inexpensive utilities pumps work for basic situations when you are using a bucket or a brute container. However there are times when the different levels of a DC pump are nice to have and knowing that I have a more robust pump is also nice. Good luck on whatever you choose!
 
Peace River, do you use the Varios 6 to pump the water to the tank as well? If so, how far is it going and do you happen to know the estimated head pressure? Also, how long would it take to say pump 20 gallons of water? I apologize for all the questions. I am going to build a mixing station and I have a Varios 6 laying around and I am trying to see if it will be strong enough. I appreciate the help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new