Mixing Station

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillB83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BillB83

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
298
Reaction score
111
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mixing.jpg


I setup new mixing station this past weekend.

I have three questions


Question 1 - I was thinking of putting in a (overflow) drain hose ABOVE the float valve on the RODI tank that would just empty into my slop sink just incase the float valve fails. Is this necessary or am i over thinking it ?

Question 2 - Any recommendations on wave makers or pumps in the salt bin to keep the water moving once its mixed? i could always just keep the mixing pump on but its going to draw alot more power than a wave maker that i can maybe magnet to the tank or something?

Question 3 - For anyone else that has used these ace roto tanks do they need to be ran alot with water to clean them out prior to use ?


Thanks in advance
 
Nice looking station.
FWIW.
1 I think maybe overthinking but if it gives you more piece of mind I say go for it, extra safety always ok IMO.
2 I use Koralias + the mixing pump. Relatively Cheap, easy maintenance and good flow.
3 I don't know. I just washed mine with a hose with one quick over
 
1 I would, can't hurt.
2 I use this for mixing in my brute, cheap and effective, magnetic mount thru the container and can point parallel to the container exterior to create circular flow: https://amzn.to/3YnVLDe
3 can't opine/never used
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new