Mixing station

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to plumb up my first mixing station … thinking two 25gal water canisters.

green is drain that will go from my tank to a sump pump.

blue is the water from the mixing station to the tank….

was thinking of using a washer machine outlet box to help finish off the drain and water lines by the tank…

what else am I missing??

something to pump the water up I guess…

IMG_4333.jpeg

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be having a heck of a time finding water tanks that don't break the bank... where's everyone getting their tanks from ?

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to work though the plumbing - I still want to be able to use my gravel vac but how do I get suction in this setup to the vac?? Thoughts ?

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be having a heck of a time finding water tanks that don't break the bank... where's everyone getting their tanks from ?

Where are you located? I can't save you money on the tanks, but the online places sometimes tell you where the tanks are made, and even though they don't give you pick up as an option, you usually can, just give a call. I took a 3 hour (one way) road trip and saved the shipping cost on 2-105 gallon tanks. BTW, the 2 of the 105g round tanks, fit perfectly in a short bed pick-up!

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If looking for more economical tanks but which are safe for reef tanks check out Uline. I recently purchased two 55 gallon drums with lids which I will be suing for RODI and saltwater storage. I purchased the black colored barrels to reduce risk of algae growth. The large lid also makes them very easy to clean.

Smokeshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my containers from home depot. Had to order them and they took about 2 weeks to come in. They works really good. 75 rodi and 55 gal mixing station. Using a jabeo dcp 8000 but thinking about switching to the 12000 for the better head height.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use three 20 gallon brute cans. One is the mix tank, one is fresh saltwater and one is DI. The DI is connected to the ATO, The fresh saltwater is connected to the dill pump of my AWC. all three have pumps in them. The DI has one to dispense on demand to fill containers as needed. The Fresh saltwater tank has the same setup. The one in the mix tank will transfer water from mix tank to fresh saltwater tank when the fresh saltwater tank goes low and the water in the mix tank is ready to use. once transfer is complete the mix tank is refilled from the RODI. The DI tank also has auto refill from the RODI. All i need to do is once the mix tank is refilled is add the salt mix. There is a pump in the mix tank that automatically comes on when the water level is above 60% full. It it goes below that level it turns off. The tanks are in the garage under my work bench.

IMG_8498.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back