Mixing sunburst with Mini maxi

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you mix sunburst anemones with rock flowers or mini maxi. You see a lot not mixing different sunburst with rbta or black widows etc but can you have minis in there?

I am contemplating letting my sunburst take over my tank but thought it may be cool to have some rock flowers or minis but want to see if it’s possible.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've heard of issues with that interaction. If problems do arise, adding some carbon will help.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most nems can be mixed as long as adequate space is given, and maxi minis and rock flowers will mix with pretty much anything as theyre tough and barely move. Keep them lower in the tank and the bubble tip higher for best light for all in a mixed reef

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Can you mix sunburst anemones with rock flowers or mini maxi. You see a lot not mixing different sunburst with rbta or black widows etc but can you have minis in there?

I am contemplating letting my sunburst take over my tank but thought it may be cool to have some rock flowers or minis but want to see if it’s possible.
At The recent MACNA, just saw both together in a vendor display with no concerns

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sounds good. I only have a 25 gallon so I don’t want to hurt my nice nem but I think a few mini maxi would be cool on the sand.
Maxi minis might be my favorite nems. I find their color patterns more interesting than rock flowers. They are nominally harder to keep than rock flowers (still easier than bubble tips) and pose a nominally higher risk to some inverts and slow moving fish than rock flowers (similar to larger bubble tips)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back