Mobius App - Connection Timeout

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug them if you don't want them on
Yeah but I'm leaving for two nights away with work shortly, will they definitely come back on and follow the schedule? For the last couple of months I often have to go in and manually click "resume" in the app to get them to continue. Aside from this connection problem, these devices have buggy software.

Another possibly related bug that seems to have been reintroduced is the lights coming on at random times over night. Again hitting resume solves this.

Edit- took a chance and rebooted them and now have one bright blue and one in moonlight mode. Fantastic.

edit 2 - after about 10 attempts the app logged in and I was able to hit resume, appear to be all good now. Still ticked off about this though.

Last edited:

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed my fish at 2:30CST and it worked fine. Just tried opening it again because of the very recent post saying it's not opening, and sure enough, it is not working again. I will be calling them tomorrow to find out what the heck is going on. I will post there response if any tomorrow.

jRatanak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issues here for the last two days or so, both Android and iOS. You'd think a top company in the industry would put a bit more effort into their software development.

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fed up with this.

entirely. I’m going to head upstairs sit down on my computer and type out a strongly worded email lol.

I have spent close to $4k on my build with ETM as I’m a sucker for good marketing and it’s really the best looking gear out there if you’re not going with a canopy.

I’m over it.
I’m ready to take a huge hit and sell all my ETM gear and go a different route.

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fed up with this.

entirely. I’m going to head upstairs sit down on my computer and type out a strongly worded email lol.

I have spent close to $4k on my build with ETM as I’m a sucker for good marketing and it’s really the best looking gear out there if you’re not going with a canopy.

I’m over it.
I’m ready to take a huge hit and sell all my ETM gear and go a different route.
I’m in for 5 XR30 pro units, mounting kits etc, 3 MP40 1 MP60 plus extra wet sides for my routine maintenance, a spare MP40 and 2 battery back up units.

Sorry but the app sucks.

People complain about Neptune however I’ve always been able to access the app.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to Ecotech support this morning and would not say or didn't know what the issue this weekend was but did know about it and said software engineers are working on the issue to prevent it from happening again. Those words to me does not sound like it was a server issue but instead a software issue but who knows. I also asked if it was an issue with an update and from what I understood from the conversation there is no update at this time that he was aware of but always looking to make things better. That's all I got.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Talked to Ecotech support this morning and would not say or didn't know what the issue this weekend was but did know about it and said software engineers are working on the issue to prevent it from happening again. Those words to me does not sound like it was a server issue but instead a software issue but who knows. I also asked if it was an issue with an update and from what I understood from the conversation there is no update at this time that he was aware of but always looking to make things better. That's all I got.

I have it from a reliable source the entire code is being rewritten to fix all the random issues that seem to pop up. No idea on a timeline for that though.

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys

I have actually a problem connecting to my Mobius App. The app says Connection Timeout… Means I cannot even connect to my account.

Any ideas?
I had this problem from day one on every ecotech item 4 radion gen 5, 3 vortechs and 2 vectras. Anytime I want to make an adjustment, I have to remove and add and troubleshoot for hours. Very disappointed with ecotech not being able to correct this over the years or allow a way to manually adjust the lights

Last edited:

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday around 6pm, after I shut the phone down and brought it back up it worked. I still believe they were doing something with Mobius.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem from day ne on every ecotech item 4 radion gen 5, 3 vortechs and 2 vectras. Anytime I want to make an adjustment, I have to remove and add and troubleshoot for hours. Very disappointed with ecotech not being able to correct this over the years or allow a way to manually adjust the lights
Contact them. I would’ve, maybe a fix they can do over the phone.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to come up quicker this morning also. Works perfectly.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have it from a reliable source the entire code is being rewritten to fix all the random issues that seem to pop up. No idea on a timeline for that though.
They should replace the people that wrote this software. Going on three years and they still can't get it right.

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact them. I would’ve, maybe a fix they can do over the phone.
I did contact. The fix is remove from tank, then add like it is new. Alternatively I could mail it in for them to look at. However, i have 10 plus ecotech products and they all have mobius connectivity problems on my gigablast cox internet

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did contact. The fix is remove from tank, then add like it is new. Alternatively I could mail it in for them to look at. However, i have 10 plus ecotech products and they all have mobius connectivity problems on my gigablast cox internet
Cox is problem? I have Spectrum with Mesh Wi-Fi everything runs without a hiccup including 3 ecotech products. I have mp10s and return pump left…Mobius run. Radion and apex goodies I sold.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This Mobious app doesn't make any sense. What is the purpose of authenicating to their servers? This app is bluetooth and has nothing to do with WIFI or the Internet. Bluetooth connection is to the APP. The app controls the devices. Internet plays no part

Example: Kamoer dosing pump, using bluetooth app to connect .... that is it. Nothing else to authenicate. No connection issues here. It just works.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back