Mobius issue--vectra pump shut off while editing MP40 setting

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two MP40s run at a constant speed, no matter what settings (Reefcrest, etc.) I assign them in Mobius.

Decided to tackle this once and for all this rainy afternoon. While editing an MP40 schedule in Mobius, I heard my tank start gurgling and sump filling--the Vectra pump, also on Mobius, just shut down. I hadn't touched the Vectra settings.

When I fired it back up, it came on at 75%--way higher than what I had set it at for the last several months. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember what % I set the output on, so played with in it Mobius until I set it at 30%. It looks close to what I had for flow before, but now the sump level has changed and the overflow level has changed. Now I get to mess with the overflow gate valve until I get that where I want it, and now the ATO sensor needs adjustment.

To say I'm frustrated would be massive understatement. Why can't I adjust my MP40 settings in Mobius, and why does trying to make an adjustment mess up my return pump settings??

I guess the smart thing to do is to take the Vectra off Mobius before messing around with the MP40s again. Not sure what benefit I was getting in Mobius with the Vectra anyway, since I don't use feed mode or anything but constant flow.

Now I'm starting to understand all the frustrated posts about Mobius being a trash app.

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure you don't have a schedule to turn off your return pump at anytime during the day - BUT- what I have realized is the app loses time consistently. My MP40s will be in a higher speed mode in the middle of the night (which I like to do in the day so you don't hear the pump so much) and the whole schedule off by anywhere from 2-12 hours. I have to constantly reset the clock in the app. You would think that they would get this right.

OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right--no schedule on the return pump. I don't understand why editing MP40 setting turned off my Vectra.

I took the Vectra off mobius and tried programming the MP40s again. Still no joy--settings from Mobius won't 'take. '

I'll probably remove the MP40s from mobius and program through the controllers. I'll lose any ability to use a schedule, but I don't have one now, so no loss there.

s_miles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have two MP 40s, running 60%, Reef Crest, anti-sinc, parent/child. They lose this setting constantly. I need to power cycle them nearly every day, find them un-paired again the next.

I had the same issue with 3 Radion g5-15, but now have them plugged into my Apex, only so that they are power cycled every morning. This seems to have helped.

I like everything about these pumps except Mobius. I would appreciate any advice offered. Thanks

Back