Mobius or Apex?

Sintralcoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently bought Apex fusion. I have 1 MP10 and 2 Gen5 xr15..My question is should I spend the money on WXM to control EcoTech equipment which would also help with chord management orrrr just simply use the Mobius app for EcoTech since it does all the same things and just manage the chords?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Radion Gen 5 is not compatible with the Apex WXM. Only Radion Gen 4 and older can be controlled by the Apex. Ecotech is no longer coordinating with Neptune for Apex compatibility, so your only option is using Mobius for the Gen 5's.

OP
OP
Sintralcoast

Sintralcoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Radion Gen 5 is not compatible with the Apex WXM. Only Radion Gen 4 and older can be controlled by the Apex. Ecotech is no longer coordinating with Neptune for Apex compatibility, so your only option is using Mobius for the Gen 5's.
Awesome thanks for that I’m new to the hobby and really like the EcoTech stuff just wanted to use the apex to it’s full potential. And I had no idea the new EcoTech stuff wasn’t compatible. Good looking out!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must confess that I am not completely clear on backwards compatibility. I assume that there is/will be no way to 'turn back' the Gen5 radion for WXM; but it seems that backwards compatibility IS true for even newly bought Vortech pumps. Seems likely, at some point, even that will cease ….. but we shall see.

U

User1

View Badges
I would probably wait a year before risking it on one of my systems, given how the G5, Mobius, and Versa rollouts have gone. Rush, apparent lack of QC.

They have actually had a string of bad luck haven't they? The pumps now the new lights.

OP - it is a rather unique question and I can fully understand what you are wanting to do. The hobby is at an impasse regarding standards similar to the 80's and PC's. It is only hurting the hobbyist because of the very situation you are in. You have a nice controller and want it to do what you bought it for, control. However, the other pieces of equipment don't want to play and want you to buy their crap. No one wins.

I tend to to agree with @TheHarold in this situation and hold on what you have. However, I see you already bought the G5's so your hands are tied unless you are willing to return them. And personally speaking if I was you I would. I'd go the route of the new phillips lights. Cord management, passive cooling, apex controllable. Did I say no power brick for better cord management :D

OP
OP
Sintralcoast

Sintralcoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m in the cycle phase so not even running my new gen 5s. Some good insight from all you guys and I was just trying to tackle small things in the mean time to keep my tank looking clean while I’m waiting to cycle. I can totally see why EcoTech and probably other brands will no longer mess with Neptune’s just so people will be forced to buy there stuff. I even am noticing Neptune’s hasn’t really put out anything new or even updated versions of old stuff. Almost like there behind on some of this new stuff. I mean the Mobius from EcoTech is so easy and pretty cool to use.

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly even with the bugs in mobius its still more reliable the my apex and customer support is 100% better with ecotech then neptune

U

User1

View Badges
Yeah I’m in the cycle phase so not even running my new gen 5s. Some good insight from all you guys and I was just trying to tackle small things in the mean time to keep my tank looking clean while I’m waiting to cycle. I can totally see why EcoTech and probably other brands will no longer mess with Neptune’s just so people will be forced to buy there stuff. I even am noticing Neptune’s hasn’t really put out anything new or even updated versions of old stuff. Almost like there behind on some of this new stuff. I mean the Mobius from EcoTech is so easy and pretty cool to use.

I didn't add in my original reply but I should have. Ecotech did make right on their issues. I'll give them that. Both the pumps and the lights which is good for everyone. Mobius is a nice idea but still not sure how it will all pan out.

Regarding Neptune. They do have somewhat of a new product which is the Trident. It is also one of the reasons why we don't have much info on new products. With the trident they showed their cards a bit early and caught a lot of flack as it was delayed or difficult to get as it was being launched. Not getting into who was right or wrong but they sort of looked at that and said ok, maybe it wasn't a good idea to paper launch too early. They do have a few products in the pipeline. Their Feb 20th live stream they mention one.

I don't think that is going to help you here though :)

OP
OP
Sintralcoast

Sintralcoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't add in my original reply but I should have. Ecotech did make right on their issues. I'll give them that. Both the pumps and the lights which is good for everyone. Mobius is a nice idea but still not sure how it will all pan out.

Regarding Neptune. They do have somewhat of a new product which is the Trident. It is also one of the reasons why we don't have much info on new products. With the trident they showed their cards a bit early and caught a lot of flack as it was delayed or difficult to get as it was being launched. Not getting into who was right or wrong but they sort of looked at that and said ok, maybe it wasn't a good idea to paper launch too early. They do have a few products in the pipeline. Their Feb 20th live stream they mention one.

Ha yeah but I gotcha that’s where I was going, I mean $800 for the controller I’m super stoked on and hope it only gets better. I’m definitely on the EcoTech bandwagon and was just hoping they still went together but hey it is what it is I’m in to deep already $$$$ lol hopefully EcoTech will come out with something for chords or the hobby in general. All in all I’m happy with both

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back