mobius platform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. I got mine only last month :)

They should be good to go provided you purchased MP40wQD and not just MP40QD as you post stated. If you did purchase a wQD and want to be sure, remove the 3 screws from the back of the controller, then remove the back cover. Pull out the board enough to see the wireless chip. If it is black, then you are good. If it is green, then you will need to upgrade. Another way to tell is within your devices on Reeflink if you have one. If the RFversion is 2.1 then you are ready. If it is 1.2 then you need to upgrade

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only non wireless vortech was/is the MP10.

Raptor777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
anyone know when this will be ready for radions and mp pumps?

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always but nothing confirmed lol. If there is then they are keeping it pretty quiet

i'd love something,
even if they just had a wireless 4 plug and a temp sensor, it might be enough for me to switch.......

however, mobius currently doesn't have and "programming" capability does it? everything is just a graphical wizard?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd love something,
even if they just had a wireless 4 plug and a temp sensor, it might be enough for me to switch.......

however, mobius currently doesn't have and "programming" capability does it? everything is just a graphical wizard?

I agree a base set of outlets and temp would be awesome. No real need for ph and salinity. Heck I dont think I have checked ph in years.

As for programming, it is a very user friendly scroll wheels and slide bars etc basically. Not like Apex coding but no reason for it at this point

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got notice this morning that BRS has them
In stock for sale just FYI to anyone interested

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice video... Did Ecotech bought what's left of Mindstream? I see the mindstream running on their sump in the video :oops: quiet quiet

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice video. hopefully update will come soon

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's is an idea, go to play store, type in mobius and see what comes up! If U gotta be held by the hand my friend then good luck with reefing!!!

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's is an idea, go to play store, type in mobius and see what comes up! If U gotta be held by the hand my friend then good luck with reefing!!!

The app in the app store is only for the Versa pump. People are waiting for the update that includes other equiptment. Nice polite reply though.

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the Vortech section has been added to Mobius then yes, Mobius will be able to control compatible MP40wQD pumps. If you just have a MP40QD, then you will need to purchase a black RF module for the controller. They are approx $47 (USD) and take less then 5 minutes to install and only require a Phillip's head (x) screwdriver.

I looked at my devices due to the fact I had to upgrade wifi for my reeflink and see that both mp40qds & 1of 2 radions show "upgradeable" for mobius, why doesn't the other radion state "upgradeable"?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at my devices due to the fact I had to upgrade wifi for my reeflink and see that both mp40qds & 1of 2 radions show "upgradeable" for mobius, why doesn't the other radion state "upgradeable"?

Upgradeable means you need to buy a new RF Module for them that includes a bluetooth chip before they will work with Mobius. The new chip is black vs the old RF module that is green.

What does the other radion say? What model is it?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back